“Counter-service Indian in a shopping mall” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian
Los Angeles, California
“Counter-service Indian in a shopping mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a good choice for eating dinner solo, as it is counter service & informal. It seems to attract a lot of the movie-goers heading toward the nearby AMC complex. I ordered a complete dinner featuring paneer tikka masala, & the main dish & accompanying vegetables were pleasantly if rather mildly spiced. The other sides were rice, a HUGE hunk of naan, & a cucumber "salad" that was merely undressed hunks of cucumber. I would have preferred less starch on the plate, but everything was filling & tasty. The hot chai was nice too.

Visited February 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Not really the Indian taste! Pls improvise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I need to give a mixed review for this place.

First of, staff is great!! We had about 4-5 dishes in over a week.

Their Chhole Bhature was the only thin I really liked. The rest of it, needs serious makeover. They dont taste anything indian, no flavors,of such lovely spices..I dont know how, and I am sure the chef needs to go over the ingredients and recipies-definitely needs to!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fremont, CA
“Spicy, friendly, good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We made it to Tandoori Oven about 15 minutes before close and still felt like we were well taken care of. The food was amazing! The service was great! I will definitely come back. The food is more of a northern India influence, if that helps.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“A great Indian find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I were visiting Santa Clara for four days to attend her son's wedding. Our new daughter-in-law recommended it to us -- and we wound up eating there three times! The food and prices are great.

Visited September 2013
Sunnyvale, CA
“Fresh Food, Fast Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a relatively new restaurant in the AMC Mercado shopping center, competing with an Italian-type restaurant on one side and a wings place on the other but if you like Indian food, you should not be disappointed.

The menu is fairly limited with daily meat and vegetarian specials clearly outlined on a hand-written chalk board! A printed menu is also available.

Being a vegetarian, I can't vouch for their meat dishes but the veg "dinner" specials are recommended. They include the main curry of the day with a side of dhal, rice, cucumber salad and a fresh, hot toasty naan. Very filling (at least for me). You can add an order of authentic Indian chai (tea brewed with milk) with free refills.

I may be wrong but if you are looking for desserts, they are not available, though definitely try the delicious mango lassi.

• Visited September 2013