“A Hidden Treasure in a Small Strip Center” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #122 of 365 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Thai
Roseville, California
“A Hidden Treasure in a Small Strip Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

You almost can't find this gem of a restaurant as it's in a tiny strip center nestled between huge business buildings very near the Convention Center. But you'll be very sorry if you don't rush there NOW.

It is a small family-owned Thai place that is very crowded at lunch, but hardly visited for dinner. The three of us were the only diners at 5:30 p.m. on a Thursday night. A few couples showed up about 6. The very friendly waiter (owner, I think) carefully explained the food choices for us when we asked questions. He recommended several gluten-free choices we'd inquired about.

I ordered a seafood combination with coconut milk that was an incredibly delicious surprise. It was replete with large, plump scallops, shrimp, and fish. There was no skimping on the quantity, freshness, and size of the delicacies. The broth/sauce was rich and spicy without being overwhelming..

My friends had respectively, a coconut soup with chicken and vegetables, and a noodle dish. The soup's flavor was incredible and the vegetables and chicken were properly crisp and succulent. I did not taste the noodle dish, but it was also very well appreciated.

The prices were exceptionally inexpensive for the remarkable quality, quantity, artistic presentation, and great taste

I'm almost afraid to recommend Bistro Siam because it will become very crowded once the word gets out. But, I can't help spreading the word about a phenomenal restaurant that crowds should flock to for both lunch and dinner.

ENJOY