“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
Thousand Oaks, California
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed here for two nights with two adults and two kids (ages 9 and 12). From the moment we walked in the staff was awesome. Very polite, helpful and service oriented. We paid for the standard room but the front desk person gave us a view of the amusement park. They provided us with directions and recommendations to dining locations and offered any assistance we needed. Great America Amusement Park is a short walk across the parking lot. When we asked for the quickest route the bellman was very helpful. Instead of just telling us the way to go he walked us across the hotel property to show us. So why not five stars in my rating? The size of the beds. I am 6' 4" and the length of the bed seemed very short. My feet hung over the bottom of the bed by about six inches. This hotel was the last stop on our 10 night vacation and I didn't have the same problem at of the other hotels. Please know this was not a major issue but it was enough to make my feet uncomfortable when I slept on my back. We did not eat at the on-site restaurant as the prices seemed high and there was not enough variety. The room was clean and included two free bottles of water. The elevators were very quick when called upon. If I am ever in Santa Clara again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Clinton,
Thank you for your review review. So close to 5 star.
I think you had a full bed. I can picture the situation. By May 2015 we will have replaced the few full bed that we haves with Queens.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed with my family for business and pleasure the housekeeping on the 7 th floor are the best very attentive and patient cleaning our room.
Love the breakfast buffet the smoked salmon and chicken sausage ! Pastries and fruits fresh and yummy for lunch check their fix menu 25 dollars is such a value with soup, main entree and dessert creme brûlée . Dinner don't know
Cons
Wish they have rental car desk or the. Hilton is connected to them as in the rental company
Have a hotline for guests like the on in airport
No courtesy shuttle
The town car. Service fee was not disclose to me when I ask for hotel shuttle anyway the driver CID was wonderful cost for shuttle pick up from amtrak station 35 dollars

• Stayed June 2014
Hartland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here with my family over the fourth of July. Despite the hotel being very busy due to the holiday we had a great stay. Our room on the HH floor was well appointed and relatively spacious. Per our request the hotel had a pack-n-play and extra towels waiting for us when we arrived. All future requests were answered very promptly by housekeeping. The staff in the main restaurant downstairs were very gracious and knowledgable of the menu. We had a very minor problem during our stay, but the front desk was able to offer us a great alternative. I'm always grateful when the individual at the front desk is able to immediately address a concern instead of having to call in a manager. I love staying at hotels where the front desk staff is empowered to do their jobs and take care of guests immediately and professionally. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Rooms viewing the nearby amusement park and sports arena are cool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We are a great spot for the 4th of July weekend. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I was very excited to read that an associate offered alternative solutions to a problem you encountered. That is the corner stone of our Make It Right program.

los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

If you are going to Great America, the location of this hotel is great. I stayed there on July 5. I saw the firework from my room. It was a pleasant surprise.

The hotel room was OK. Clean. Nothing spectacular. The view of Great America from my room was nice.

The pool was disappointing. From the photo in Hilton's website, it looks like a very nice pool. In reality, it's small, crowded. The spa was out of service the time I was there. Exercise room is adequate.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed here to visit friends over a long weekend. The rooms were nice, Wi-Fi worked and the view from the 8th floor lovely beyond Silicon Valley to the foothills. Staff was friendly and helpful PART of the time, though the staff on the weekend mornings in the Concierge Lounge were unreasonable to my very polite parents that are in their 80's!

On Sunday morning my parents and I met once again in the Lounge for breakfast. They arrived first and found only 2 "reserved" table of the eight tables in the room that were not in use - though several of the people were NOT staying on the 8th floor. I watched as they were told to hold their plates on their laps. As I walked to where this was going on, a table for 2 left and I suggested we use that (though we were three and I had to find an extra chair - no offer of help from THREE staff members). We ate our breakfast amid howling children and the 2 "reserved" tables NEVER were used. That was seating for SIX in that small lounge that could have solved our problem and other guests. The male staffer with his clipboard - was no help to guests or other staff in the lounge, but he did circle the "reserved" tables multiple times. Considering all the nights that our family has stayed in Hilton hotels (Father was a Conrad Club member and Gold for YEARS, so is my husband, and in the past so have I been) this was one of the poorest experiences with Concierge Lounges/HHonors Floors we have had. We come back to this area regularly having lived in the Valley, but we'll not be back here and have told several of our friends in the area.

The hotel is close to the new Levi Stadium, so that will keep it full. It's location is good - the rest standard Hilton.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear PBT,

I want to apologize for your dining experience. It is our responsibility to control the "activities" in the dining room. I shared your comments with the Manager and how important it is for us to control the environment.

I do hope you will come back.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We are from Philadelphia and since our daughter was graduating from Stanford University we needed a place for family and friends to stay. From the time we visited the hotel in February to our actual stay in June, the service we received was excellent. The staff made us feel so welcome and were accommodating right from the start, allowing us to see the rooms and the restaurant. I feel like Dee Naidu is an old friend as we communicated so often via email about number of rooms (7), people (20) and arrival/departure dates. And even though the restaurant is usually closed on Sundays, they opened it just for our celebratory dinner! Tom Salazar and Rosa provided outstanding service and a dinner we will not forget. We look forward to our next opportunity to stay!

Room Tip: If possible, get a room with a window seat---a cozy place to relax.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Next to Great America Amusement Park and San Francisco 49rs home stadium. Free parking.
Free fireworks, if your room faces the amusement park :-)

Close to Citrix, TCS, CA Technologies etc offices. I like running and found a

Rooms were ok (I stayed in HHonors floor), free WiFi in this floor. Breakfast was not very good, ok, but nothing special. I liked the fresh berries though.

Pool area was quite small, but ok for a Morning swim. as The Gym was a bit small, but as I was the only person there I did not mind. Gym was open 24 h so that was very positive.

I had a negative experience with the front desk the day I was leaving: I did ask the front desk person to contact the next Hilton I was moving for the following night. He said that I can do it myself (?). I did call them myself, but I was surprised that front desk had the clear messsage that they would not contact another Hilton hotel to help me on my question with SF Hilton Union square..

Room Tip: HHonors floor if you can
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
It was unacceptable that a staff member asked you to call another Hilton yourself.
I personally shared your comments at a few of our front desk stand up training meetings.
It was very powerful.

HYATT house Santa Clara
HYATT house Santa Clara
#6 of 33 in Santa Clara
4.5 of 5 stars 209 reviews

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!