“Nice business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Next to Great America Amusement Park and San Francisco 49rs home stadium. Free parking.
Free fireworks, if your room faces the amusement park :-)

Close to Citrix, TCS, CA Technologies etc offices. I like running and found a

Rooms were ok (I stayed in HHonors floor), free WiFi in this floor. Breakfast was not very good, ok, but nothing special. I liked the fresh berries though.

Pool area was quite small, but ok for a Morning swim. as The Gym was a bit small, but as I was the only person there I did not mind. Gym was open 24 h so that was very positive.

I had a negative experience with the front desk the day I was leaving: I did ask the front desk person to contact the next Hilton I was moving for the following night. He said that I can do it myself (?). I did call them myself, but I was surprised that front desk had the clear messsage that they would not contact another Hilton hotel to help me on my question with SF Hilton Union square..

Room Tip: HHonors floor if you can
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
It was unacceptable that a staff member asked you to call another Hilton yourself.
I personally shared your comments at a few of our front desk stand up training meetings.
It was very powerful.

Erich Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights here at the Hilton. Our room was nice and clean and had water in our room beside the usual. The staff was very friendly at each shift. We also ate breakfast at their restaurant. A nice place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandra W,

Thank you for the kind words. A clean hotel, good food and a nice staff.
Enough said!

General Manger
Groton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and a typical nice Hilton, but if you put cost into the equation it becomes an average hotel. The room was almost $450 a night. They ended up throwing in the WiFi when the receptionist saw the rate. I realize it's the market, but you can't totally decouple the price from the review.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Jonathan M,

The market does drive the rate sometimes. We try to generate a fair price value relationship. I am pleased you liked the hotel.

Portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The staff at this hotel is incredible. Everyone was extra friendly and helpful. I can honestly say this was the best experience I've ever had at a hotel. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Also, it's an easy walk to California's Great America. It's a short drive to great shopping and dinning as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I agree with what you wrote, "The staff at this hotel is incredible".
We take a lot of pride in our #2 ranking!

Thank you.

General Manger
Round Rock, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The restaurant had interesting items and prepared them well. The wine list was decent. The room was very nice. The internet connection was slow and not very reliable. The fitness room was very small with two treadmills and two ellipticals and one bicycle

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here and the location is perfect , near the stadium and also Great America park and also Great America Mall . The swimming pool is small but adequate and is clean . We had our dinner at the lounge as the big dining room was closed . We had the flat steak dinner , Caesars salad as well as their calamari for appetizer . Everything came in huge sizes and very good . Steak was tender and juicy . The calamari was perfect . The caesars salad had the creamy type dressing .good but not as perfect as the Calamari . For dessert we had Cheese cake .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Pearl,
We are thinking about changing our name to Hilton Santa Clara at the Stadium !!
What do you think?

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you're simply wondering if this is a good place to stay you can stop reading; it is. A perfect location for the convention center, Levi's Field or Great America, all within a short walking distance with crosswalks at the intersections.

This property started off with a bang, Ritz-Carlton type of service. I phoned around noon to see if I could get an early check-in and my query was met with an enthusiastic "yes" by Dorothy who told me to make sure I asked for her when I arrived. I did and she gave me the impression she was genuinely glad I was their guest. A quick lunch followed, served by Lambert who, again, made me feel very welcome. I received my Hilton Diamond amenities without having to ask for them.

I am not a Sports Bar kind of guy, so I enjoy dining in a proper restaurant, which is one of the reasons I choose Hiltons. Interestingly, this property closes their restaurant in the evenings, so you are forced to eat in the bar with televisions, people in bathing suits (wearing cover ups) and flip flops walking through and a cacophony caused by the music in the lobby competing with the TV.

I stayed on the Executive Floor and the lounge is one of the nicest I've found, exceeded only by the Bombay Bicycle Club in the downtown Milwaukee Hilton. Well-stocked with a friendly staff, too. Unfortunately, I was driven from the lounge both on Saturday evening and Sunday morning by a guest couple who thought that the Executive Lounge was the ideal spot to allow their 2 year old to make noise and run around on the window seat. While not the fault of the hotel...it wasn't the quiet experience I was craving.

Sunday dinner was very strange. Again in the bar, again with bathing-suit clad strollers and one woman who thought this was the perfect place for her cell phone conversation. Beyond that, my server acted as if I offended her from the moment she came to my table. As had been my experience throughout my stay, the food was great (although my vanilla bean dessert this evening had three scoops of ice cream vs. the one I had on Friday which had only two!) but the service was not acceptable. It took about 25 minutes to get a burger and, when delivered, I asked for some mustard. When my server returned with a bottle of Dijon and promptly departed, I struggled to try to remove the plastic seal, in vain. Since she had left, I arose, went to the dining room and found Lambert who rescued me and brought me some additional ketchup and said he would try to find some regular yellow mustard. As he and I were speaking, I noticed my server was sitting at a table in the back of the restaurant with some other employees. (She had four tables in the bar she was taking care of).

Finally, I had asked that my adult beverage be put on a separate ticket, which it was. Since I was going to charge my dinner to my room but wanted to pay cash for my drink, I awaited my server's return to take care of the drink, after she left my dessert. Finally, I gave up, left the table and went to the front desk to get change so that I could take care of that portion of the bill.

I would definitely return to this property and most of the employees really have a "my pleasure" attitude. My primary recommendation would be to open the restaurant for those of us who prefer a quiet, more formal dinner and make sure that anyone who is wait staff is genuinely interested in their work.

Lambert and Dorothy stand out as examples of what hospitality is about.

Room Tip: You can get a great view of the stadium and Great America on the south side, if you wish.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!