“Very good option near the convention center and new 49 stadium” 4 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast Offer
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very good option near the convention center and new 49 stadium”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our go to hotel when in the area. Good value and location. Love the King bed with a sofa bed room time. Works great for families with children. Executive level lounge breakfast is a great spread including eggs and meat, but a little limited on seating options. Restaurant breakfast is good, if expensive. Saw that they just added a breakfast buffet which might make it a better deal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Germantown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

THis is a good quality Hilton that is clearly paying attention to details and is very convenient location for access to Great America (easy walking distance) and the Santa Clara Convention Center (easy walking distance)
The staff are all trying extremely hard to please and engage.

The gym is lacking for a property that size it was disappointing to have no weight equipment aside for some free weights. THe aerobic equipment is woefully inadequate for demand and I watched a string of folks arrive to find all the machines occupied (only 2 treadmills, alongside bikes etc)
Management said they had heard this before and were looking to expand - the sooner the better

The executive floor was nice and the lounge staff attentive - there was some problems with the coffee machine that really should be easy to fix (buy a new machine or two)
Otherwise it was well equipped and not too busy.

When the new stadium opens this will be a great location as that is walking distance too

Room Tip: Higher floor facing the theme park and new stadium was quiet and provided a pleasant view of these a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel was a decent Hilton with average amenities. I stayed there with my husband while he was working. It had everything he needed for his job. such as wifi since he is honor status. For me on a vacation from life I felt the pool area was small and no drink service while I was out there was a bummer. The 8th floor had a room set aside for honor members to eat and drink. There was always something to munch on which was a plus. And the staff was really friendly, especially Ravi. She even remembered how I like my coffee on the second day.

The only bid down side was that our air condition made this horrible knocking sound all night long and drove me crazy but I was too tired from biking the golden gate bridge to say anything.

It is located next to all the business with very easy access to the highway to get just about anywhere. I was able to go to San Jose in about 12 min.

Hope you have fun on your next trip!!
Happy travels

Room Tip: HIlton Honors be aware that there are NOT omelets served or waffles.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Amanda,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments. Your comments concerning our staff were wonderful, they are a great team.
As for the noise with your AC unit we have just completed a complete preventive maintenance program on all of our Guest Room AC units replacing key parts. In particular is a valve in the unit.
I hope we did not miss a room. I would love to find out what room you were in. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you would like.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had Hors d'oeuvres & breakfast during my recent stay at the Executive Lounge. Staff was very courteous and specially Ravinder Kaus was very helpful and professional by having the hot food available few minutes after 9:30 am (not rushing me at all).

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Laguna Beach CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

With the task of dropping off my freshman daughter at Santa Clara University, I decided the screaming "Welcome Weekend" deal was too good to pass up. Not only was it a great rate, but the hotel was very nice, clean, quiet, and well-appointed,with a friendly staff. In the evening after arrival, I escaped our room alone and had a pleasant glass of wine in the bar area as I read my book - it was heavenly after all the college prep. Staff was attentive but not hovering. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Congrats Barbra M.
We hope your daughter loves Santa Clara University.
We hope to see you again when you come to visit her.
The hotel is a great central location when you are in town.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I spent several days here and enjoyed my stay. My room offered a view of the Great America amusement park and the construction site for the Levi's Stadium. Note that neither of these is close enough to the hotel to cause any annoyance, but definitely close enough if you are visiting either of those attractions.

The room was large and very well fitted out, with good quality furnishings and a very large LCD TV. My room had twin-beds (I asked for a King) which were comfortable but narrow. The room would have slept four, but for me, this would be uncomfortable.

The hotel is just 10 minutes drive from SJC airport. It has a good size car park, which meant I never had any trouble finding a parking space.

All in all, a nice hotel and I enjoyed my stay.

I did not eat at the hotel, so cannot comment on the quality of the food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello FourFishFingers!
Thank you for your review. I am glad you liked the hotel and Great America.
We like both also. So much so I am taking the entire Hotel staff over their tonight for Great America's fright Fest Halloween craziness.
I hope we all come back!!!
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in the Perfect location for convention center. Extremely Comfortable beds! Hotel was very clean. Starbucks cafe in lobby was si convenient also it is Close to great American park and is the Perfect location to watch their fireworks!

• Stayed September 2013
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Daer EMHopper,

We like to say we are 101 steps from the Convention Center. Plus it hardly ever rains here in Santa Clara so we are as good as staying at a hotel thats connected!
I'm am pleased you had a great stay.

Erich Smith

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!