“Incredibly informative and delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 133 Activities in Santa Barbara
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Santa Barbara Boutique Winery Tours Sustainable Vine Wine Tours offers group or private winery and vineyard tours to Santa Barbara County's small production, family-owned and operated boutique wineries. Our wine tours include premium wine tasting, vineyard tours, and behind the scenes winery production and barrel room experiences. Tours are all-inclusive offering Mercedes-Benz vehicles, all tasting fees, an organic vineyard lunch, and an industry professional as your host.
Santa Barbara
“Incredibly informative and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

I learned so much about the local winery region. I have such a greater appreciation for our local organic and sustainable wineries. Bryan is the best tour guide ever!

Cali
“You couldn't ask for more, don't miss out on Bryan's Sustainable Vine Wine Tour. rb/cali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

My sister and brother-in-law came to Cali this past August ('09), from New Jersey, partially with the intent of taking a nice tour of the Santa Barbara Wine Country with my wife and I. I was put in charge of setting this up. Wow, the pressure! I did not want to let my family down. This tour had to be the best ever! After researching several companies, I was most impressed with Sustainable Vine Wine Tour's website, and what it represented. A natural approach to growing grape varieties and doing so in an environmentally friendly manner. Pricing, was competitive with others examined. Mission, accomplished.
Bryan, owner and tour guide, provided the four of us with an incredible experience. If you visit Santa Barbara, you should absolutely not miss this tour. He was prompt in picking us up at our B & B, Santa Barbara. You travel in a very comfortable air conditioned van, that is "bio-fueled," with plenty of visibility to take in the incredibly beautiful Santa Barbara wine country. An organic, gourmet, picnic lunch is provided and you enjoy this... literally, among the vines, in one of the vineyards visited. Bryan, has his tours well planned and is extremely accommdating to his guests. He makes you feel very comfortable and even though my party were novices in wine expertise, Bryan happily provided answers to all our questions. Bryan, clearly loves his job, or should I say "passion." You quickly catch on that he truly knows his passion, and has a great relationship with the vineyard owners.
We visited 3 vineyards. Bryan recomended this as it allows more time, at each vineyard, to truly get to learn and experience the real essence of each. He had asked us to choose the 3 based upon our preferences, after viewing descriptions of them on his website. Make sure to include cameras, and comfortable clothes. You will want to take plenty of photos, and depending upon the season, you want to enjoy the wonderful Santa Barbara climate. Even though we were nearing the scheduled end of our tour, Bryan happily obliged my wife and I with a "side trip" to Neverland Ranch. *Important note: Bryan did this without hesitation and knowing that this would add considerable time to our tour. He never mentioned a hint that he would have to charge extra for this.
I could go on, but I will spare you. I will close by saying that it is not often that I feel so compelled to comment on an experience. If you have the opportunity, take it. You will absolutely not be disappointed.

New Hapshite
“Best Day Of Our Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We took this tour as part of our ten day west coast honeymoon which also included stops in Las Vegas and San Diego, and it was by far our favorite day of the trip! Everything about this tour was perfect, the people, the weather, the food, the views and of course the wine. We were lucky enough to start the day at Cimarone, where we ate grapes from the vine, tasted Syrah straight out of the barrel and enjoyed the company of Roger and Pricilla, the vineyard owners. From there we journeyed to Alma Rosa where we were lucky enough to meet Richard Sanford and had an excellent lunch in a quiet, comfortable space while taking in the beautiful scenery. The next and last stop was Demetria where we tasted many great wines while sitting on the terrace enjoying the gorgeous views and learning about biodynamic winemaking from our enthusiastic vineyard host. Bryan, our tour guide was extremely knowledge about the area (he recommended a great location to us for dinner that night as well) and the vineyards we visited. He clearly has a great relationship with the vineyards we visited, which made the tours that much more personal. He allowed the day to move at its own pace and always had that next great song lined up on his iPod. Overall this day was extremely relaxing and enjoyable; it made our entire honeymoon worthwhile!

Wilmington, NC
“Great Wine Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I have spent a lot of time traipsing through wineries and vineyards. Normally I would not sign up for a tour b/c you never know what you're going to get (guide and other tourist-wise.) But I had a fabulous, instructive time with Bryan and the gang on the bus.

From the moment he picked us up at our hotel to the drop-off 7 hours later, Bryan deftly handled his roles as driver, educator, and comedian. The wineries we visited were picturesque and very welcoming. Our lunch and stopover at Demetria Estate was particularly memorable.

Sustainable Vine is the perfect alternative to the stale ‘Booze Bus’ we all might have gravitated towards in college.

SoCal
““Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.” --Confucius”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

That pretty much sums up our tour guide, Brian, I guess you can say he is “unemployed”. He really enjoys his “job” and exudes his love for organic wines with everyone who takes the journey on his Sustainable Vine Wine Tour. My friend and I had a fantastic time on his tour this past weekend. Not only were the wines/wineries terrific but Brian’s knowledge far surpassed our expectations. Brian was both professional and entertaining. He answered all of our questions and then some. We are both looking forward to the next tour – which hopefully won’t be too far in the future.