“Amazing, Relaxing and Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Santa Barbara Boutique Winery Tours Sustainable Vine Wine Tours offers group or private winery and vineyard tours to Santa Barbara County's small production, family-owned and operated boutique wineries. Our wine tours include premium wine tasting, vineyard tours, and behind the scenes winery production and barrel room experiences. Tours are all-inclusive offering Mercedes-Benz vehicles, all tasting fees, an organic vineyard lunch, and an industry professional as your host.
Santa Barbara, CA
“Amazing, Relaxing and Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was the second year our family has had the pleasure of a Sustainable Vine Wine Tour. Bryan is an excellent host, extremely friendly and very knowledgeable about wine. I ask a lot of questions and he is always very gracious to humor me and provide me with great information, not to mention all the wonderful memories he provides for my family and me.

I would highly recommend booking a tour with Sustainable Vine and I can assure that you will love every moment. I have been wine tasting many times, but can't imagine a better more relaxing way to do it than with Sustainable Vine.

In short, they definitely know wine and how to do it right.

“Surpass our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Family came in town. Thought it might be fun to spend a few days in Ojai and Santa Barbara. My brother in law loves wine. Searched on Trip Advisor for wine tours and Sustainable Vine Wine Tours came up on the top of the list.

Called Bryan to book a private tour. He was very friendly and accommodating, walked me through the details of booking a private tour. I told him that I will be bringing my six year old son with us, who'd love to see an actual farm. He suggested that we stop by an animal farm in between the vineyards.

Scott was our host/guide. He texted me in the morning, letting me know that he arrived at the train station and that I should be looking out for a white Mercedes SUV. We were running late. Scott was very accommodating, and encouraged us to drive safe and it would be a fine.

We found street parking and Scott drove up to meet us. He was very polite and greeted my family. We got into his SUV and started the tour.

We all love drinking wine but know very little about the process of making wine. Scott walked us through the farming and wine making process throughout the tour. It was absolutely fascinating to learn, that so much is involved in making the perfect wine, from the soil, to the weather, to the precise time to harvest the grapes.

The two wineries that Scott took us were great. Frankly, both places are so secluded, I would have never dream of finding these wineries myself! One of them perched over the top of a hill, it was beautiful.

Lunch was delicious. Scott set out a table cloth, salt and pepper shaker, and pour wine for us. The winery owner, casually sat in the patio with his dog. His sons busy serving customers. It is nice to know that family business still thrives in this day and age.

The tour experience exceeded our expectations. My family felt really well taken care of, during the entire tour. Scott was very knowledgable and accommodating. You can tell that he loves wine, and his job as a host/guide.

I have seen and read lots of advertisements offering wine tours in the area. I hesitate, cause the last thing I need is for my family to be stuck in a limo or shuttle with a group of strangers. And Bryan's and Scott's operation is definitely not your typical "side ways" tour. They are professionals who actually care about wine making and the environment.

We would book another wine tour in a heart beat! Highly recommend to others who are interested in a classy, relaxing, well organized, well informed tour!

“What a great day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic wine tour! From the moment we booked to end the of the tour. Efficient, knowledgable, totally looked after. Loved the family run, boutique vineyards. Scott was a great guide and really made the tour. Nothing was rushed, all very relaxed, with a good mix of vineyards. Would definitely book again, and recommend to friends. I never write trip advisor reviews so shows how good the tour was! Thanks again Scott and Bryan!

Woodland Hills
“Fantabulous!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

OMG!!! Where do I start! This private tour was a perfect way to spend my birthday! My boyfriend surprised me by booking this wine tasting tour with Scott and let me tell you all, he didn't disappoint at all. From the first minute Scott picked us up from the Santa Barbara train station, the day became magical. His attention to details is unparalleled, he was very attentive to our needs (like stoping at 7/11 to get cash), and he was very well prepared (had phone chargers ready for my iPhone 5S and my boyfriend's SG3). He took us to 5 different wineries that offered our favorite wines like Syrah and Pinot Noir, he made sure we took so many amazing pictures and stopped along the way at few different scenic locations. His knowledge about the wine and the area made us feel like me have gained so much perspective into the different experiences we can get from wine tasting. Scott didn't leave any small important detail out, he made sure all our questions were answered and he even drove us through Solvang (which wasn't on the itinerary) so my boyfriend can get a taste of this cute little Danish town! I would recommend Sustainable Vine tours to all my friends and we will be definitely going back very soon. #bestinclass
Salina

DanburyCTUSA
3 attraction reviews
“An exceptional tour that met all our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We (3) had a private tour with Scott with exclusive winery tours and private tastings. He was passionate about his company, the region where he lives and the service that he delivered. We gained new knowledge on grape growing within the Santa Ynez valley, as well as the history of the region.
It was a perfect 6 hour day, including a lovely lunch at Los Olivos Cafe. We have had wine tours in several regions in California and Europe, and this was one of our best. You will always pay a little more for a private tour but the value-added personal experience was worth the spend.

Fay