“Birthday Wine Tour for Dad's 70th!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 131 Activities in Santa Barbara
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Santa Barbara Boutique Winery Tours Sustainable Vine Wine Tours offers group or private winery and vineyard tours to Santa Barbara County's small production, family-owned and operated boutique wineries. Our wine tours include premium wine tasting, vineyard tours, and behind the scenes winery production and barrel room experiences. Tours are all-inclusive offering Mercedes-Benz vehicles, all tasting fees, an organic vineyard lunch, and an industry professional as your host.
Goleta, California
“Birthday Wine Tour for Dad's 70th!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked a tour of the Santa Maria and Santa Ynez area with Sustainable Vine for my Father's 70th Birthday! Scott and Brian were great from the initial contact, planning a tour through a variety of wines styles and meetings with a variety of winemakers, from a solo winemaker's warehouse to the amazing Presqu'ile Winery to close out the day. Scott led the tour and his knowledge of the region was amazing and the locations we visited were fantastic. He tailored the stops for the day to suit my dad's and our friends' tastes and interests perfectly. On top of that lunch was delicious, and being able to eat steps from the vines was amazing. I would definitely recommend this tour if you are looking for a great wine experience...especially if you are looking for a behind the scenes peek at the local wineries!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Place! Great Time! Great Host!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We had such a pleasant experience right from the start, I called Sustainable Vine to book a tour for my husband's and I wedding anniversary. I was booked right away with a very short noticed, I was told my guide will be Scott and that pick up time would be 10:10 AM. At 10:09 AM I saw our vehicle right around the corner, at 10:10 Scott was shaking my hand and introducing himself. The van was very spacious comfortable and with big windows to not miss out one minute of the action! Scott was very personal and informative but mainly fun! Scott took the time to not only take us to our destinations but to make sure we learn about wine and the history behind Santa Barbara Wine Country. I guess the only bad thing is that I wish I can do the tour every week! Certainly a great experience! Will do it again!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Doesn't get any better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My daughter surprised me with a trip to Santa Barbara and a Sustainable Wine Tour. What a great experience! Scott was amazing, friendly, accommodating and so knowledgeable about wine and SB! We spent the day going to 4 wineries with another lovely couple and their daughter. So much fun! You can tell how much Scott is liked and respected at all of the wineries. We had a wonderful catered lunch overlooking the vineyards at one of the wineries. Scott also told us lots about SB history and what restaurants to try. The van is beautiful and very comfortable. All in all an amazing experience. Highly recommend!

Urbandale, Iowa, United States
“A Day in Wine Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had a perfect day of wine tasting with Scott in Santa Barbara. He tailored the stops for the day to suit our group perfectly and his knowledge of the area and the industry was second-to-none. On top of that, he was so much fun! I would definitely recommend this tour if you are in the Santa Barbara Area!

Crowley, Texas
“Fantastic Wine Tour with a Personal Touch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband, daughter and I booked a day of wine tasting during our recent visit to California. We were going to be in the Santa Barbara area and wanted to take a tour in the nearby wine country. We looked for tour information on TripAdvisor and saw so many favorable reviews that we decided to give Sustainable Vine Wine Tours a try. We were not disappointed! Scott Bull picked us up at our hotel right on time in a Mercedes van which already had two very nice young ladies (a mom and her daughter) in it and whisked us off to wine country! Scott is very personable and made all of us feel very welcome and comfortable. In a very warm and inviting manner, Scott taught us about the region, vineyards and wine making. The wines were wonderful! The people at the different wineries were very nice and glad that we had come. We tasted more than 20 different wines at 4 different wineries, having a very tasty lunch at the Demetria winery on a shady patio overlooking beautiful vineyards. That was a truly memorable and lovely place! This day was by far my favorite day of my vacation! It was well worth the extra money for a personal tour of that quality! I would highly recommend Sustainable Vine Wine Tours to anyone. Scott will customize your tour to meet your individual interests. He is fantastic!

Visited September 2013