“Comfortable, Clean, Affordable, & Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Coast Village Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   1188 Coast Village Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93108   |
Ranked #11 of 21 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Ventura
“Comfortable, Clean, Affordable, & Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Stayed for a night on my way through California. Room was very clean and amenities were all that I needed. The bed was comfortable and the staff was very helpful. They helped me find a great place for dinner and answered all of my questions beyond my expectations.

If you need a good room at a good rate this is the place in Montecito!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Okay so what do you expect staying in Monticeto for a night for under $100.00? One thing would be too not have the office staff make mistakes on your credit card.
First off when I booked and paid through Expedia I put in the notes that I needed a handicap room. When we got to the hotel they informed me that they had no such rooms and did not see any notes. I asked if they had a shower chair at least and the man at the desk said "no"! Fine.. so we checked into our little room with 2 twin beds, I noticed in the bathroom no railings which made me a bit shaky, right off the bat I slipped on the tile floor. Immediately I found the maid who brought in 8 rubber mats for the floor and shower. Now i will admit that was quit nice of her. Although when I went to housekeeping the next day I noticed a shower chair in the laundry room!!! She said I could use it!!(thought they didn't have one?) My daughter was interviewing for a job the next day-so I inquired to a half day rate and possibly another night. They said that would be fine if we were out by 5. We decided to leave by 5. When I went to check out at 5 the girl at the desk took awhile to process my half day charge. She also informed me there was a parking fee. It was only $3.00 but still no one mentioned this fee to me. She began to challenge me on this and i decided not to give in. She agreed to waive it. I paid her the half day fee in cash. She said she would email me the receipt. When I got home 3 days later I checked the receipt to see that not only did I pay the cash she also charged my credit card the half day rate. Evidently she found the mistake and credited it back. Then to make matters worse when i checked my bank account I noticed that they also charged me $102.00 for another night on my credit card!!!! So I paid for the 1 and only night I stayed through Expedia, I paid the half day rate 'cash' and now 4 days later they are charging me another night for which i didn't even stay. When I called the manager, he double talked saying they had to cover themselves and it was a pending transaction in case I stayed another night, even they they assured me that nothing would be charged until check out. Of course I asked for the owners name which they will not give me. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and have never had this happen to me, ever!!! i am bound and determined to get a hold of the owner. He needs to know what an inept office staff he has. So much for customer service!!!!I wouldn't step foot in this place again even for a free room.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Salinas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

First off, I don't know why this inn is rated only two stars. It was really charming with fairly nice rooms (we stayed in room 37) and EXCELLENT location. It's literally within three minutes of the highway (although you can't hear or see it from the inn). Coast Village road is gorgeous and is actually in Montecito, not SB. There are shops and restaurants on the same road and there is a restaurant right next to the inn. The room could use a little updating (paint, different cleaning product with less scent) but otherwise it was great. Our room had a room off the bedroom area with a couch and the bathroom was very charming. The staff was really friendly too.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Derby, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

The hotel was located in Montecito which is about a 10 minute drive into Santa Barbara. The hotel is located on a quiet, quaint street. At first we wondered if the location was too far out of Santa Barbara. Having driven into Santa Barbara that afternoon and then back to the hotel we felt we had seen everything in Santa Barbara and changed our plans to go back for an evening meal ans stayed local and are glad we did. There was a choice of five or six restaurants which all looked very nice and reasonably priced, we opted for a Mexican at the end of the street. The hotel room was a fair size and was very clean with a modern tv. It could have done with air con as it was very warm and only had a fan on the ceiling and could have also done with a refrigerator in the room. The hotel staff were very helpful and let us check in early as we arrived at 12 miday. Free wireless internet was also a nice extra along with free parking. We also got a continental breakfast included in the price of the room at the Peabody bar next door to the hotel. We were limited in time as doing a 19 day road trip around California and would have liked an extra night.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

My fiance and I stayed at Coast Village Inn for a couple nights while vacationing in Santa Barbara. It was a great value and got decent reviews.
The location is on Coast Village Rd, which is on the border of Santa Barbara and Montecito. It is a picturesque street in an upscale and safe neighborhood. However, I wasn't crazy about the dining options on the street. Although the hotel was within our price range, the restaurants were not.
It took about 10 minutes to get to the heart of Santa Barbara. Not a bad drive, but next time I would prefer to be in the middle of it.
The rooms were tiny and cramped. The TV hung from the wall and I expected it to come crashing down any second. The shower was made only for people under 5'10". My 6'3" fiance had to duck his head to get under the shower.
The staff was very nice and helpful.
Overall, we got what we paid for. A small but clean room in Santa Barbara. Not a bad value.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I recently stayed at Coast Village and enjoyed my visit. Given the mixed reviews, I was a little hesitant to book, but did so anyway. With my tight budget this place was very tempting. To my surprise it was a very pleasant and enjoyable experience. The hotel is located in beautiful and charming Montecito. My expectations were definitely met and surpassed. I checked into a very nice, quaint queen bed bedroom (I later found out it was a remodeled room). The office staff was very friendly, helpful and polite. They helped with directions and suggesting activities in the area. They recommended a wonderful dinner at the Montecito Café that is just down the road. There were plenty of fine restaurants within walking distance to this hotel.

At check out, the manager greeted me and he was very polite and insightful. He explained his position and the direction the hotel is going in. Apparently, it’s the sister property of Montecito Inn, a luxury hotel down the street where the Montecito Café is located. Ownership is working hard on upgrading the hotel and taking care of the wear and tear that has taken its toll on this property. I explained my tentativeness to book the room because of the mixed reviews and the manager made clear that he had been managing the property since January and has been working hard to attend to all of the necessary upgrades (I think they are well on there way).

Again this place was definitely worth the money, considering the prices other hotels in the area are asking for. Plus you can’t beat the location!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
jippy09
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

Their's not much around their and the price is too much to stay. the rooms are all right. and services. the pool is cool heated whenever u want to get in. the experience very quiet and nice atmosphere .people that work at the hotel very nice. the continental breakfast should be all u can get for this hotel. the rooms should be a/c. and the room we were in the corner back by the ice machine. alot of quietness. that all

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Coast Village Inn? Share your experiences!