“Good value accommodation with great a reception team” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn At East Beach

You added Inn At East Beach to your Saves list
Inn At East Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1029 Orilla Del Mar, Santa Barbara, CA 93103 (Formerly East Beach Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Good value accommodation with great a reception team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed at the the Inn at East beach on the 16th October 2013 on a road trip from LA to San Francisco along the Pacific Coast highway. The Inn is easy enough to get to after leaving the 101 at jct 96a.
Christine on reception made us feel very welcome and made sure anything we needed we just had to ask. The room was clean, tidy, spacious and comfortable. The pier is about 20-25 mins away and about the same from the pier to Union street, the main shopping area which has the usual retail establishments and a good selection of eateries.
The Inn has a small pool, ideal for a dip after a long day.
We did the walk then crashed out in our room ordering pizza's from Marty's Pizza's, who promptly delivered to our room, washed down with a glass of wine.
Breakfast was a serve yourself, with juice, coffee, tea, cereals, toast, fruit and a multitude of pastries. All helped along by Frank the GM, who went out of his way to make sure you were well fed.

Thanks for making us welcome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest

It is so good to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us!!! Thank you for your feedback!!! I will be sure to share this with Frank and the rest of our team!!! I do hope we will get to see you again in the future!!!

Christina Montalvo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I had never been to Santa Barbara and really only came as a day destination in order to experience the coastal train! We fell in love with Santa Barbara! and it started with a pleasant stay at this budget-friendly, hidden gem, a 5 minute walk from the beach!It has somewhat of a small boutique hotel feel, with updated decor, and personalized service like a B&B! Frank, the owner, is super helpful, good humored, and makes everyone feel special.Continental breakfast was good, with huge, fresh pastries, bagels, breads, fruit, juices, tea, and a THEE best coffee!Frank gave us helpful tips about where to go, perfect dinner recommendations, and comp drinks at some really cool bars on State Street! The only 2 negatives are-you can hear trains passing, and sounds from neighboring units, so if you're a light sleeper, this may be bothersome. The other is the bathroom--the door isn't good for privacy and the floor is carpeted rather than tiled.The positives obviously outweigh the negatives!

Room Tip: Choose an upper level room if noise will bother you.
Dear Guest
I am so happy to hear that we helped you to fall in love with our amazing town and that you enjoyed your stay so!!! I do unserstand about the train noise and the bathroom door and I apologize!!! While we do offer ear plugs as one solution to the noise issue, I understand that isn't a comfortable option for all and soundproofing, as well as new bathroom doors and floors, may be something we are looking into for our future endeavours!!! I do hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again on your next visit to Santa Barbara!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was our 4th visit to Santa Barbara. We absolutely enjoyed our stay here. The room was quite comfortable - loved the big kitchen even though we hardly used it. The check in service was excellent and we got lots of information at check in. In the morning we met Frank who was so sweet and accommodating. Breakfast is continental but quite substantial with great pastries. We'll be coming back and we'll also tell our friends! Thank you Frank and staff for the great mini vacation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Nancy

Thank you so very much for your feedback! I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our team! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I do hope we will get to see you again soon!

North Bend, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

A cool retro property just a block off the beach. Great location! Free parking, WiFi, breakfast. Was a fast weekend trip, but we'll be back!! Frank makes this place special! Awesome source for any info, and a pusher of the delicious pastries! We loved the decor, although I would definitely consider new toilets and shower. The trough sink and new lav faucets were very nice. (Plumbing contractor, so maybe a little picky!) Fairly quiet. You will hear the train from time to time, and you will hear peeps walking by your room. We were on the top floor. The only other thing I could desire is A/C. The fans were helpful, and most of the time it's probably not needed, we just happened to be there on a hot weekend. You can't beat the value! Can't wait to be back!! Thanks Frank and staff!!

Room Tip: Floor two has higher ceilings I think. Our room had a fireplace as well. 127.
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and your kind words! I am so happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us at the Inn at East Beach! I completely understand your point of view about our bathrooms and our lack of A/C. We are hoping to bring A/C to the property in the future! As for the bathrooms, we may have to include them in our next update! I will be sure to share this with the rest of my team! I loko forward to seeing you again!

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

At first glance, The Inn at the Beach may not look as impressive as the mega hotel across the street, but once you go to the front desk and get greeted by the fabulous Frank, all your worries will melt away. How do I describe Frank? You know when you're watching a romantic comedy and a couple is checking in to an exotic island hotel someplace, and they're greeted by a super enthusiastic, affable employee at the check in counter? It's so unrealistic because nobody ever encounters that in real life. Well, that is Frank, and he is real.

The rooms are furnished in a modern, calm, beachy decor that was gorgeous. The bathroom had a basket full of high quality shampoos and soaps. Our room looked like a studio apartment, with a full kitchen and dining table, and a flat screen TV on the wall. I just loved the vibe of our room. Housekeeping always kept the place neat and tidy. Now to the slight negatives. Because it is near the beach there is no air conditioning, so when we returned in the afternoon to freshen up before dinner, the room would be very stuffy and we'd have to blast the fan for a while. Also, during our stay multiple soccer games started at 7am across the street, with the shrill referee whistles and all. I understand that it is out of the control of the hotel, but we weren't able to sleep in on our relaxing weekend getaway.

Even so, the positives outweigh these slight negatives and I wouldn't hesitate to return if I come back to Santa Barbara.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you so very much for your kind feedback! It makes me smile to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! I do understand about our lack of air conditioning and hope to be able to incorporate that into our future endeavours! I am so very sorry to hear that the neighboring ball field caused you to enjoy your stay a little less! We do offer ear plugs, but I understand that isn't a comfortable option for everyone. I hope we are afforded the opportunity to see you again! Should we be, please feel free to contact me directly to make your reservation! While our studio rooms are close to the ball field, there are many other rooms that are not and I will be more than happy to help you find one to your liking!

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a short but pleasant stay in the inn at east beach. The staff were super friendly and made us very welcome. It's just a 30 min walk along the beach to the pier where we had fresh crab for dinner, this inn is in a fantastic location and really close to the beach. Breakfast was good.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by a "friendly" lady, we tried to ask where the car park was as checkin was busy, we were asked to wait, when we said we needed to know as the car was half out on the road, to which the lady turned quite sarcastic and curt. We booked through hotels.com, which had apparently incorrectly given us a discount which this lady attempted to refuse to give us, eventually she gave us another, equal value discount.
Fortunately our experience improved from then, the room was large and comfortable, as was the bed. The bathroom was ok, not on the same level as the bedroom, but clean and functional.
Breakfast was amazing, as much toast, bagels and pastries as you could eat. There was limited seating in the breakfast area, but you could take breakfast to your room.
Frank, the owner was managing breakfast, he was a very jolly American character.
Overall good value for money for the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback! This is the best way for us to learn about what is most important to our guests! I do apologize for the sarcastic, curt service you received! I agree that this should never happen! I will be sure to take every possible measure to ensure that does not happen again! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay! I do hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again and turn that first impression around even further!

Christina Montalvo

Been to Inn At East Beach? Share your experiences!