“Authentic Mexican Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Santa Barbara, California
“Authentic Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you want to eat authentic Mexican food, then look no further than El Sitio. Every single choice on the menu is carefully prepared with fresh ingredients and clear expertise. The salsa is spicy, so if you are not well versed in the world of real salsa, be ready. I enjoy the plain chicken burrito. But when I'm feeling a bit more adventurous, I go with the steak and egg breakfast burrito. It is created with a very good salsa verde. By all means try anything of your liking. My buddy loves the tortas. I go to the De LaVina location on a regular basis. I kind of get a kick out the grumpiness of the lady who takes our orders. She is a no-nonsense, get it ordered, old-school kind of worker. When you get to the counter be ready to order! Good luck and happy eating.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Goleta, California
“no queso?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was disappointed when I ordered a burrito and forgot to ask for cheese. Apparently you have to ask for cheese in your burrito here. Had never heard of that before.

Visited March 2012
Santa Barbara, California
“Superb, fast and authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

El Sitio is my idea of a place that gives good food for a good price. The flavors are authentic, with great tortas, tacos and more special dishes like Tacos Abanil, which is beef with jalapenos and onions all grilled. This is the kind of place that hits the spot every time! A true Santa Barbara Tradition.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Barbara, CA
“Awesome and authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

I like to stop in to El Sitio at least once a week for a carne asada burrito with cheese. They are my favorite authentic mexican restaurant in town, and each of their several locations always makes it just the way I like it. The service is non-existent and I recommend to get your food to go, but man, they are awesome!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere