“Fabulous splurge” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fabulous splurge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The SYR offers private cottages with wonderful outdoor showers and hot tubs. The grounds are beautiful with citrus trees and gardens set agains mountains with challenging hiking trails. The on property restaurants are very good dining options, and the location near Montecito and the Central Coast wine region is superb.

Room Tip: All the cottages are private and quiet. Citrus and Tangerine cottages offer a front porch with a vie...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful description of our treasured property!

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

One of the most amazing hotels I've ever visited. My fiancee and I stayed in the Tangerine cottage which offers an amazing view of the ocean from the breakfast nook. The hotel and its clearly took pride in offering an intimate and serene experience. The king size bed was neither too soft nor too hard. The bathroom offers a deep soaking tub perfect for my fiancee. Despite being located adjacent to another cottage, the foliage surrounding the cottage offers complete privacy for us to take dips in the outdoor Jacuzzi. The service was impeccable even though the front desk mistakenly charged us for an extra in-room massage session and rose petals. I'd recommend hiking in the trails behind the property; the panoramic view from the peak is breathtaking. Wifi and in room snacks are complimentary.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in Tangerine Cottage and were able to relax in comfort. We are fully committed to offering an unparalleled experience and always do our utmost to ensure customer satisfaction in every way.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The most lovely, luxurious accommodations I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I couldn't call it a hotel or a resort. San Ysidro Ranch goes beyond that. It is own animal in the world of hotels and resorts. Beautifully appointed rooms. Canopy beds and beautiful linnens. The most pleasant, efficient staff I have ever dealt with while staying away. The most beautiful property you could ever imagine, tucked away in the shade of beautiful oaks and ferns. Flowers, vegetable and herb gardens. Pergolas to sit under amongst the hydrangeas. More hummingbirds that I have ever seen in one place. This only partially describes the San Ysidro Ranch.

Room Tip: Any room you would be given would be lovely. The property is spread out so that you hardly see any...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
The description of your recent stay at San Ysidro Ranch is an absolute pleasure to read. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are honored by the same. Our Gardens bloom year round, offering something new and beautiful at the turn of each season; we hope to have the opportunity to share more with you in the near future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The San Ysidro Ranch was on my bucket list; and our experience was everything I expected and more. My brother and I stayed in adjoining cottages (upgraded as we had booked through the Travel Office)) in August 2012 for 4 nights. One should not expect some of the amenities that have become standard at many hotels such as a fitness center that could accommodate a professional sports team, or 24 hour room service, or a seemingly instantaneous response to every request, etc. The hotel is spread out, covering a number of acres, most of them uphill from reception and the restaurants. If hummingbirds, butterflies, honeybees, masses and masses of every flower imaginable, quiet corners in which to sit and read or simply relax, adorable cozy cottages with private terraces housing Jacuzzis and showers just outside marble bathrooms with deep soaking tubs, delicious food in three venues, a sparkling pool, serenity and, certainly, a staff who demonstrated over and over again its commitment to service and to preserving the reputation of this legendary hotel, the San Ysidro Ranch should be on your bucket list as well. Everyone we encountered from the front desk staff, the gardeners, the valets, the housekeepers, waitstaff at the restaurants, pool attendants, etc. helped to make this a truly memorable stay, for all the right reasons. It was very reminiscent of the Hotel Bel-Air pre-evisceration. We loved very moment and can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We are honored you've taken the time to share the many highlights of your stay at San Ysidro Ranch. It is the common goal of the entire SYR Team to offer a memorable and wonderful experience each and every day. May we have pleasure of welcoming you back for yet another super experience in the near future!

On behalf of the entire SYR Team

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

After an exhausting night drive from pebble beach we arrived in the dark and couldn't appreciate what a beautiful place this was until the morning. However the morning came too soon when we were woken by construction work !! Breakfast is only served in the room but was really fabulous. It is a stunning property. We had to leave for LA early so we didn't get to see what else was on offer around the hotel. I think it's a wonderful honeymoon location and couple retreat and not entirely suitable for teenagers.

• Stayed August 2013
It is wonderful to learn of your decision to stay at San Ysidro Ranch during your recent travels through California. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a longer, more fulfilling stay in the future.

On Behalf of the San Ysidro Ranch Team

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place is amazing! I really don't even know where to start.

When I arrived I was greeted with warm cookies and a bottle of water. The garden views upon arrival were breathtaking, and the private garden views are even more so.

Once I got to the room I noticed my surname was hung on the door, and inside there was chocolates and stationary with my surname on it. The cottage was immaculate and meticulously decorated. The bathroom was complete with a claw tub and a two-way shower from the inside to the outside. There was an outdoor shower and hot tub in a cute fenced in area.

I had reservations offsite for the three nights I was there but after one meal at the resort I cancelled all of my reservations because the food was phenomenal; it could very easily compete with the best-of-the-best. There is a quaint little grotto/bar outside of the restaurant that has a very homey, lived-in, intimate feel to it.

I felt like I was the only one there. I saw maybe a handful of people (10, tops...and even that is stretching it) meandering around the grounds while I was there. Though the restaurant was packed every evening, so I'm sure people were just enjoying their romantic stay in the privacy of their cottages and private gardens. Out of 2 of the 3 days I went to the pool, there was no one there, though the staff was still making their rounds for drinks & food orders even though I was the only one there.

The service was impeccable and prompt! My ONLY complaint regarding the service was the girls at the front desk...they seemed extremely pretentious. I got the feeling that they were over-doing their behaviors based on the quality of the resort...as if this being a higher-end place meant they had to behave in a snooty manner. They were borderline rude. BUT, aside from that, everyone else was wonderful. I still give this place 5 stars even despite their attitudes.

This is the one place that I've been that I think actually justifies the costs. Sure it's insanely expensive, but it's completely and utterly worth every penny you spend here.

*I traveled here in July 2009, not August 2012.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are delighted to learn of your pleasant experience in our restaurant and about the beautiful and tranquil grounds. Likewise, we appreciate your remarks where the front desk staff are concerned. We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a another 5-Star stay very soon!

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

It was a lovely, romantic trip that included hiking and delicious dining, relaxing by the pool and walking the gardens. It was a great anniversary trip that the staff made us feel extra special at every turn. We enjoyed their great selections of wine and fresh food from their garden. We felt it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Every room is a gem and really private.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanysidroranch, General Manager at San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the highlights of your recent stay! We are so pleased you chose to spend your anniversary weekend at The Ranch and we hope to have the opportunity to celebrate with you again soon.

Managing Director

Been to San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property? Share your experiences!