Our family of eight rented the master suite at the West Beach Inn last August for two nights, and it is amazing. The suite is over 2000 square feet of living space, plus a huge terrace on the second floor (and a first floor patio, which we did not use). It would be perfect for hosting a large gathering for a wedding or graduation as well as a family vacation.
There is a small, locked gate on the ground level which leads to the lower patio. After climbing the staircase, you enter a wide entry hallway with the master bedroom and en suite bath to your left and the first of two double-queen bedded rooms on your right (the second bedroom is entered off a hallway). These two bedrooms share a connecting bath - which I mention because sometimes people do not wish to share a bathroom. In our case, we hosted our three grown children and their spouses, who were happy to share in exchange for a mini-vacation.
Walking in further into the entry way, a wide hallway to the left leads into a very large (20' x 25'?) living room with three sofas, a flat screen TV, and a small balcony with chairs and a few tables (the bottom of the balcony wall is solid, so you need to perch on the bar-height chairs to see the marina view, but still - great view!). Back at the entry, going off to the right is a beautiful, fully equipped kitchen with a table that seats at least eight. There is a door next to this that leads out to my favorite part, a big terrace with lounging chairs and another table with seating for all of us. The entire apartment has lots of large windows and is beautifully decorated.
We walked along the beach, into town to C'est Cheese for breads and cheeses and other stores for wine and fruit, and had a wonderful al fresco lunch on the terrace. Because there are trees and large plantings at ground level, there is pretty much total privacy on the terrace.
The hotel personnel were very nice and helpful both on the telephone and in person. . I cannot speak to the other rooms in the hotel, but this apartment knocked our socks off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The West Beach Inn is nestled in between the beautiful Santa Barbara Yacht Harbor and historic Stearn’s Wharf along Cabrillo Boulevard. The hotel is centrally located, only a few blocks from downtown Santa Barbara and steps away from the many beaches, restaurants and shopping areas. Complimentary wine and cheese and a deluxe continental breakfast are offered daily in our sunny lobby alongside the heated pool and large luxurious spa. Guest laundry facilities and Complimentary parking are available to all guests. All rooms and suites are air-conditioned and include in-room safes, refrigerators, high quality bathrobes, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards, hairdryers, cable TV including HBO, desks and telephones equipped with voicemail and automated wake-up call services. Complementary High-Speed Internet is available property-wide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your West Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- West Beach Motel
- West Beach Inn Santa Barbara