“Lovely Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 East Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara, CA 93103   |
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Lovely Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We just recently came home after 5 nights at the Santa Barbara Inn. Our room was spacious and had a King size bed and ocean view. It was very well maintained and the staff were courteous and friendly. I guess the only down side was the traffic noises outside our room as there is no air conditioning and we had to keep the doors open and fans going. However, they told us that they are closing in May of this year to do a huge reno and it will take up to 18 months. They are going to add a restaurant. Right now there is a gorgeous breakfast room with an ocean view where we had our complimentary breakfast every morning.

Room Tip: Our room was ocean side, but there are mountain side rooms which might be quieter. We had a room on...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Poway, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The location of the hotel is great. All staff encounter was very friendly. I was allowed to check in very early without any problems. The only problem I had was hair in my bed, under the covers, when I arrived. Unfortunately the hair problem was not taken care of in the first try. I asked the staff to fix the problem by getting new betting. When I returned to the room later, the bed was made. Upon further inspection, however, I found multiple hairs (short and medium length, black, I have long blond hair) again under the covers. I assume that the bed was just made again (perhaps a miscommunication amoung the staff). When I asked the desk clerk to witness the hairs, he came up to my room promptly, and immediately appologized and I was offered a different room (with full ocean view upgrade). The second room was amazing. The next day I received a note, a phone call from the manager on duty, cookies and 2 bottles of sparkling water. I was very clear that the staff took my complaint very seriously and that they were eager to make up for their short coming the night before. I would 100% stay at this hotel again. Although the problem was not fixed the first time, the issue was resolved and I was very happy with my new, clean room. Mistakes happen, we are humans after all. As long as I am taken seriously and the complaint is fixed, I am happy.

Room Tip: This hotel is worth the extra money for the ocean view. Falling asleep listening to the waves was g...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dayton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

A great hotel with a beautiful view of the ocean. The location is perfect for shopping, dining or just enjoying some relaxation. The staff could not be more helpful or pleasant. Great breakfast. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stayed on an upper room and first floor. Both had a great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice room on the second floor. The view from our room was delightful. It was clean and up to date. The staff was helpful and friendly. Nice pool area, fresh fruit in the lobby, small produce/grocery store nearby with a nice wine selection. Our only negative was poor wifi in our room - fickle and just one bar of service most of the time. Worked fine in the lobby. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013
Glendale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I spent two nights at the Santa Barbara Inn last winter with my boyfriend and his father, visiting from England. We had two separate rooms.

At first it doesn't look like much, but inside it's a boutique type of hotel with great service. The staff really goes out of its way to make sure that you are comfortable and are having a great stay.

The rooms are beautifully appointed, making this a great spot for a romantic weekend away.

My favorite thing was the pool. It's not a huge pool, but it was heated to nearly spa temperatures, which was awesome during our winter stay. I felt like it was a treat to be able to go swimming.

The rooms have balconies that overlook the ocean, which is just across the road.

We walked to the pier and to the State street shops. It's not really close, but walkable- about 20 minutes. If you don't want to walk, it is easy to catch public transportation from this location. We left our car with the valet the entire trip and had no problems getting around.

The complimentary breakfast was very good and served in a large banquet type room overlooking the ocean.

This is the perfect hotel for a relaxing Santa Barbara vacation. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were very impressed with the Santa Barbara Inn. The rooms (we had upper floor ocean view rooms) were very roomy with lovely views of the ocean. The continental breakfast served in a beautiful, sunny room was just right to start the day. It was also walking distance to the Santa Barbara Zoo, which was very nice. On Sunday, we just strolled across the street to the ocean walkway to enjoy the views and the Sunday Art Fair. A great place to stay.

Room Tip: Pick the Ocean View Rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I travelled to California for our 25th wedding anniversary and booked a three night stay at the Santa Barbara Inn. We were very happy with our choice. The location was perfect, right across the street from the ocean. We had a very large room with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Our room had a large balcony overlooking the pool and beach - it was perfect. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, assisting us by making recommendations for our anniversary dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if in the area would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Request/pay for a pool/oceanview room - it's worth it. Beds are the most comfortable ever!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Santa Barbara Inn? Share your experiences!