“Good Price for the Area - Good for People on a Budget” 3 of 5 stars

Sandpiper Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3525 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93105   |
Ranked #34 of 60 hotels in Santa Barbara
San Diego, California
“Good Price for the Area - Good for People on a Budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is meant for people who don't expect too much and yet it still offers some nice amenities (Pool, continental breakfast, free wifi, free parking). This is great for people who are on a budget and just need a place to sleep in the evening. Beds are comfy, TV, microwave, and refrig in the room. Bathroom, towels, and toilet paper are all on the low end but the rest of what's there made up for it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The room was clean and the motel is located near downtown S.B. near amazing and unique restaurants. We would definitely return in the near future. Only recommendation would be to offer fresh fruit option (ie, bananas, apples, oranges etc.) for continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband, granddaughter and I spent two nights here for a family wedding. I was disappointed with the room (needs upgrading) but the exterior of the lodge is lovely and the employees are so accommodating and delightful that I'd consider staying there again. Price was right ~ not out of sight like many hotels/motels in the area. Loved the location also! Great for walking and the restaurant a few blocks away, Cafe Stella, pure delicious bliss!!!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here while touring wine country with my family and we were very pleased with our stay. Everyone was very friendly and our room was very clean. The decor was dated but we didn't mind one bit. Very happy with our stay and we would recommend it.

Jerusalem
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

stayed there for 1 night. the place was clean but old - the shower was dripping. the plac os nice - nothing special.
there's a spa - hot thab and a sweeming pool.
breakfast was below averge and had only cakes and some chirios.

Room Tip: dont expect to much, you get what you pay for
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Before planning my vacation to Santa Barbara on, I went on Kayak.com to find a great deal for a hotel room. Personally I myself like to read other reviews and then determine where the best location is, but without going over my budget. Santa Barbara is known for being very expensive, and when I saw Sandpiper Lodge I thought what they offered was very reasonable. When reading a couple reviews I was a little thrown off with the negative comments, but then again what do you expect it is not the 5 diamond hotel, they can not have it all. (I was not going to pay 200 for one night) Some of the complaints were that the hotel was far from downtown, if you want to be closer than pay an extra 100 for a hotel down there. Parking spaces were not as big, but there were definitely some larger spaces in which I fit my SUV, and I should not complain because they do not charge for parking. When I was checking in somebody else was also checking in and asking the front desk for a quiet room, which to me is somewhat unreasonable because the front desk staff does not have control to whoever stays in the room next to you. However they did accommodate us by putting us in a room upstairs because it tends to be less noisy.
On the other hand, when checking in it was very efficient/fast. The front desk staff during check in was very friendly and gave my husband and I recommendations for restaurants nearby. By the way fish enterprise was the best seafood that I have ever eaten! (Even though it was 3 miles away, it was no issue at all) Upon reading the other reviews I was hesitant on how the room would look like, but to my surprise the room was lovely. They had recently updated the carpet, which made the room much nicer! They had a lot of amenities, like a fitness center, a heated pool/Jacuzzi, business center, free wifi, and continental breakfast. At times the wifi would go snail slow, but it would work, plus I should not complain because it is free! (Usually you have to pay for it) My stay was through March 24-25. Overall, I was very happy with my stay at the hotel and anytime I come to Santa Barbara I will be staying with them!

• Stayed March 2013
Nevada City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Booking the room online I wasn't sure what to expect for such a reasonable rate in Santa Barbara. The property is clean, lots of parking, with flowers everywhere (it smells great).
Pool area was clean, the "work out" room was clean with a handful of cardio machines, the staff was friendly, and the location is convenient. Bed was comfortable and we had no complaints - barring one - the wifi is very, very weak so don't plan on spending much time on the computer. Although that's not what vacations are for, right? Worked out to be a nice, reasonably priced stay for my family.

Room Tip: We had a room at the very back, on the first floor - which was nice and quiet. The only downside mig...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sandpiper Lodge? Share your experiences!