I chose the motel after reading reviews here, but even so i was pleasantly surprised! I am currently travelling through CA and let me tell you this: it is the best motel i've stayed at so far! I can say even more: the motel was better than many 3 star hotels i stayed at! When we arrived we were asked what floor we would prefer. We took the 1st floor room and weren't dissappointed at all. The room was big, so was the bathroom. The TV had a lot of channels to offer, the wi fi worked as well. There was a heated (!) swimming pool (how often do you see that in the motel?!) and a small gym. I've read here that someone was complaining that there were no towels in the gym, hello?! It's not a 5 star resort!!! The breakfast was nice as well, the coffee was good, so was the orange juice, there were a lot of pastries and cornflakes. The location was ok, it was too far to walk to downtown, but parking there is free for first 75 mins and then it costs 1.50 per hour, which is reasonable. There is whole foods market and some fastfood as baskin robbins, chick-a-filet, taco bell, denny's etc nearby. The reason why i'm giving the motel 4 and not 5 stars is following: the safe which was in the room, was broken. And there were hair in the sink and, which is worse, on the towels. However, i've noticed, that the problem with hair on the towels happens in all motels. I would strongly recommend that the team checks the towels more thoroughly. Other than that: i would definitely stat here again, very nice motel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are visiting Santa Barbara for business or pleasure, we invite you to enjoy the three-diamond amenities and services of the Sandpiper Lodge on Upper State Street. From our prime location on upper State Street, you are poised to experience all that one of California's premier destinations has to offer-beaches, gardens, museums, historical sites, dining, shopping, and entertainment. With well-appointed rooms and suites and a heated pool and spa, the Sandpiper Lodge offers ideal accommodations for budget-minded travelers desiring a degree of sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandpiper Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Motel Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Inn Santa Barbara