“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Livingston
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. We stayed one night and could have stayed longer. The staff were very friendly. When we arrived our GPS system had failed and Sam made a phone call to the rental company to fix the problem for us. The staff at check in were lovely too.The rooms are so comfortable and relaxing and the beds are amazing. Its everything you would want in a hotel and more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the harbor front as well as the train station. For the amount charged, I was expecting a nicer room. One with a view would have been even more expensive. I'd say the quality is comparable to a good Best Western. It was clean and comfortable. So they charge what the market will bear. What I didn't like is that they charged my credit card $50/day for incidentals ahead of time--even though I didn't incur any during our stay. When I checked out, I was told that the outstanding balance would charged to my credit card. But I checked my credit card charges online, I found that they had already charged that and $100 more for potential incidentals. When I called to enquire about the excess, they said it was their normal procedure and that the $100 for potential incidentals would be credited in a few day--taking up to a week. I travel quite often, and have never come across this practice before in hotels or rental cars where additional charges might be incurred. It's misleading and confusing. What's more, it was never explained as such until I questioned the charges after the fact.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Location, location, location It's got it all. Right on the shore, close to the office and great restaurants. Big well fitted rooms. Bath and shower. Breakfast in the restaurant was superb. My room had a sea view and I had coffee on the balcony and watched the sub come up. Yes jet lag has its advantages

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed two nights in July with two rooms overlooking the pool and across the beach to the ocean. We had adjacent rooms, which we had requested, so that our teenagers were next door to us. From arrival all the way through our stay the front desk were incredibly pleasant and helpful giving us some good advice and assistance with making bookings and suggesting what to see and do during our short stay in Santa Barbara. We had a hire car and there was plentiful parking in the grounds of the hotel with much of it shaded which was helpful. Our rooms were good sized and the Molton Brown products in the large bathrooms were a nice touch. The pool, whilst not huge, has good space around it so you can relax either close to the water or in a quieter spot further away. The pool bar shuts slightly early at 5pm but otherwise we had no issues with anything and would happily stop off here again if we are in Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool and facing the ocean are worth paying the extra for
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chelmsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We decided to end our tour of California with four days in Santa Barbara and booked the Harbor View Inn. We could not have been more pleased with our stay there.

From check in to check out the staff were courteous and efficient, making sure our stay was perfect. We were given room 312, which we found out is the most requested room in the hotel. We could see why this would be the case as the room is very large, with a huge balcony looking out over the hotel pool and the beach/marina. It is like a small penthouse. House services kept this room and it's large bathroom spotlessly clean. On mornings when we had a lay in, house services came back later to make our room up with no fuss.

The hotel has a small pool/spa complex with waiter service for drinks and lunch, there are also nice gardens with sun loungers. There is also a gym and our room has an ice machine outside the door.

We normally ate breakfast at the Eladio's, which is part of the hotel. The Scrambled Salmon Tower was the best breakfast we had in all of our trip.

The hotel is perfectly located. Stearn's Wharf Pier is opposite, the marina with its nice bars and restaurants is a 5 minute walk State Street (the main area for bars and restaurants) is next to the hotel. The best restaurant we found was Toma and this is a 2 minute walk along the beach front (well worth visit!!).

We were very sorry to leave the hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for some chilled relaxation on the California Riviera. Ask for room 312!!

Room Tip: Room 312 is the best in the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Attending a recent wedding in Santa Barbara, I stayed 6 nights at the Harbor View Inn which I had selected from internet advertising and talking with management. My room was clean, spacious and had a lovely balcony overlooking the beach and ocean with a view of both the pier to the left, and the marina to the right. It was so nice, that my friends would meet me at my room to have cocktails on the balcony before we left for dinner. I could walk the beach or to nearby restaurants and shops. The staff was attentive and friendly. I had rented a car and hardly used it. It would be my hotel of choice on a repeat stay. It was just what I wanted.....Linda O

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have cathedral ceilings for a very spacious feel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ESSEX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Located right on the beach front in view of the pier.
Rooms are fantastic, lots of space with a view of the ocean and the pool. Would definately stay here again.Our room had two small balconies, one to the side and one overlooking the pool.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Harbor View Inn? Share your experiences!