This property is pretty. It's right across the street from the beach and it has a backdrop of the mountains. Upon driving up to the valet, the Fess Parker has a beatiful entrance. We had a ocean-view room. It was pretty, had a patio to eat breakfast or just people watch. The screen door fell off when I tried to close the screen door. The two sinks in the room were slow draining. We called the front desk to fix it, they said they would send an engineer, but not sure if they ever did because the problem continued. The pool was open for only one of the days we were staying. We used it for 20 minutes. It had perfect water temp, though. And the jacuzzi was awesome. But then they drained the pool that evening to do some end of summer repair work. Even though it was a nice place, had a decent room, bed too soft. I just don't get the price. I think it's overpriced. For that matter, I don't get why anyone would pay 300 for a room regardless, when you don't even spend time in the room but to sleep. We were there for a wedding. The outdoor area for the wedding is outstanding, just what I'd imagined a beach setting would be like. The area has grand archways that open up to a backdrop of the ocean. Cocktail hour was at the top of archway/wall. Again, superior location for wedding. The reception was in one of the banquet rooms next to the outdoor patio. It was nice to move indoors after cocktail hour. The room was laid out thoughtfully, and with each location there was a seamless transition from one place to the next. We would have stayed for a few days after the wedding had they honored the block of rooms price, but I guess they'd rather have an empty room, than sell a room. It was end of summer afterall. We had brunch in the hotel, and the bread pudding is awesome. Skip the french toast and get the bread pudding instead. I did love their soap and shampoo/conditioners. Though they only gave us one bar. But the housekeeping cart seemed to be parked right outside our room most of the time; so I helped my self to an extra soap. I figure for 300 bucks and up a night, they can give me 2 soaps. There is also a beach-front trail for runners and it has a well-equiped gym. A must for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort is steps from the beach and convenient to Santa Barbara's waterfront and downtown. Oversized rooms all feature balconies or patios; families and pets are warmly welcomed. Amenities include a year round heated Olympic sized pool, Spa, fitness center, salon, tennis courts, bike rentals, putting green, shuffle board, weekend wine tasting, 2 restaurants, ocean-view bar and 24 acres of grounds. Complimentary airport/Amtrak shuttle service available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Amex, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Doubletree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Fess Parkers
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort