“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Overall a nice hotel. I liked the convenience (closed to UCSB), good service, beautiful landscape and nice continental breakfast at a reasonable price. The rooms are spacious and very clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Santa_Barbara_Ramada, Director of Sales at Ramada Limited Santa Barbara, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Steve M,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with traveling internet world. We appreciate you mentioning how nice our hotel is and how convenient it is to UCSB the home of the Gauchos. Our grounds keepers do a wonderful job maintaining our beautiful property.

It sounds like you were able to enjoy our Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast with everything that we offer. It is a great way to jump start the day and it is Free to all of our guests.
We look forward to your return in the future and please feel free to share the Ramada with all of the UCSB Alumni and friends that might be considering a trip to visit beautiful Santa Barbara or Goleta. Also, make sure to keep accruing your Wyndham Rewards Points for all of your stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Portland,ND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Booked on line. The hotel was clean, conveniently located off 101, quiet and friendly staff. Good size pool, decent continental breakfast and two extra water ponds as part of landscaping. Only weird point was entry where you had to cross double yellow to enter. Was a bit disconcerting. They had restaurants fairly close and Santa Barbara was easily accessed via 101. I would recommend this one for those who want to be about 5-10 minutes from Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: Ask for center facing rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear 101NDtravler,

Thank you for giving us 5 Stars for Value, Sleep Quality, Rooms, Cleanliness, and Service. We are as you mentioned conveniently located and extremely close to everything here in the Santa Barbara and Goleta area. We hope that you were able to enjoy our discount cards to some of our favorite local restaurants and took advantage of the 20% discounts?

We look forward to your return in the future and make sure that you are all signed up for our Wyndham Rewards Program and earn points for all of our stays with us here at the Ramada Santa Barbara.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada Limited from February 26th thru March 3rd. The Ramada is a very clean and quiet place to stay. The breakfast had a lot to offer, boiled eggs, bagels, cereal, coffee, tea, apple or orange juice, blueberry muffins, bananna bread and other lemon cakes and muffins, fruit and in an unlimited amount. This was complimentary. It is a way from State Street, but if you have a car, Hwy 101 is a minute away and it should take you about 10 minutes, maybe 15. My room had a flat screen TV. The first day I had a room where they were doing construction, I couldn't stand the noise waking me up every morning so I told them about it. Sara, who was wonderful, changed my room from room 207 and upgraded it to room 244. It was great and I had a view of the lagoon and ducks! So lovely!! I was on the second floor. There is no elevator but it was a basically quiet room. I also met David, who was so cheerful and wonderful to me, and because I ordered so many postcards, he gave me a discount. We were friends instantly after that. He was always so very sweet, and Sara was so friendly and very informative. I felt them to be so very warm, in fact, all of the staff was good. I would definitely stay at the Ramada again if I were ever in Santa Barbara! Super Staff!! Thanks to the Ramada, for having some of the best staff ever! They were wonderful people and would mainly be my reason for staying there again. It is not close to the beach, you may want to get a car if you are not a walker, but there is a bus right outside of the hotel that can take you to State Street. For a whole week you can get a 10 ride pass for just $11.50. Totally worth it. Then get on a State Street Shuttle for 50 cents and that shuttle will take you all the way to the beach. It will save you a bundle, and you can learn a lot about the city because most of the bus drivers are terrific in Santa Barbara. You may only need a car for a few days and take the bus some of the days to save $$. The price of this hotel is a lot less expensive than being in downtown Santa Barbara, and it just offers so much, including a complimentary ride to airport and back. Clean and super place! I can't wait to come back!!! Thanks David and Sara!!

Room Tip: My room was 244. It was a large room with a view of the ducks and lagoon. I highly recommend it. R...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Santa_Barbara_Ramada, Director of Sales at Ramada Limited Santa Barbara, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Dimples 104_11

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the 3 Time Ramada Worldwide Award Winning Ramada Limited Santa Barbara. We so appreciated you mentioning two of our outstanding front desk supervisors, they are wonderful and a blessing to all of us. It is our goal to always offer VIP Service to all of our guests, and by the sound of your review, we indeed accomplished this. We agree with you, we have the Best Staff Ever and are blessed because of it.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and please continue to share us with all of your friends.

Been to Ramada Limited Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!