Decided to go to Santa Barbara on the spur of the moment for some winetasting my bday weekend. Most of the good hotels were sold out that weekend, so I was happy to find Brisas del Mar had a vacancy, and the reviews on TA were overall very good.
Must say, I was disappointed. The name and pictures are deceptive, it's not at the beach, but 3 blocks away. The pool and hottub were small and uninviting--we didn't even bother. The first room we were given had an odd smell and was quite dark and dreary with absolutely no view whatsoever, so we returned to the front desk and were immediately given a better room on the top floor with more air and light. Still no great shakes, and the room furnishings were somewhat tacky; the bathroom was borderline with a small sink and shower. Overall, it was your average inexpensive beach hotel, except that it wasn't inexpensive, it was just shy of $200 with the best online price I could find.
On a positive note, we received terrific, friendly service at the front desk at all times, and there was a very nice continental breakfast display in the morning. The maintenance crew even gave us a jump when my bf's car battery was dead the morning of our departure. The covered parking was also a nice feature.
- Also Known As:
- Brisas Del Mar, Inn At The Beach Hotel
- Brisas Del Mar, Inn At The Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- Brisas Del Mar Hotel
- Brisas Del Mar Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate and elegant, the Brisas del Mar, Inn at the Beach is a romantic Mediterranean-style villa just two blocks from Santa Barbara’s glistening palm-lined beaches and scenic yacht harbor. Brisas del Mar beckons guests with its cascading fountain, sparkling pool, and refined old-world ambiance.A Santa Barbara classic, Brisas del Mar, Inn at the Beach offers spacious guest rooms, suites, and penthouses, some with full kitchens and fireplaces. The hotel serves a fresh continental breakfast each morning, hosts a wine and cheese reception each afternoon, and provides milk and cookies in the evening.Brisas del Mar, Inn at the Beach is within walking distance of beautiful West Beach and the oceanfront bike path, the Santa Barbara Yacht Harbor, Stearns Wharf, and the vibrant shops and restaurants lining State Street in downtown. Santa Barbara’s world-class golf courses and renowned wineries are just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Brisas Del Mar, Inn At The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.