My mother and I stayed here while exploring Santa Barbara. We were staying in the cheapest rooms and they were luxurious. The front desk staff were helpful and knowledgeable. The cleaning ladies and gardeners were friendly. The motel and grounds were beautiful. The room looked great and had some amenities. The bathroom was a little small but clean and had a nice shower with a glass door instead of a curtain. Beds were comfortable with several different weighted pillows to choose from; we slept well. They have no continental breakfast but did have a fruit basket in their lobby in the morning. Their onsite restaurant looked nice but we did not eat there. I liked their aviary and lush hanging baskets. The motel is rather oddly located--seems to be a residential neighborhood. But it was not difficult to get to downtown SB, and the neighborhood seemed safe and quiet. We changed room dates at the last minute, but there must have been a cancellation because the staff kept us in the same room on the next day after initially saying we might have to move to a different room. In an effort to provide a more resort type feel, they have more expensive rooms with balconies that are near the pool/jacuzzi. There is even a masseur on site that I think charges $100/hr. For those willing to spend more, you will really have a luxurious experience, but still pay less than at many other upscale hotels in town. A first class motel in a first class city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on a quiet residential street lined with turn-of-the-century homes, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Lodge & Suites in Santa Barbara offers all the amenities of a small luxury hotel with the charm of a bed and breakfast inn. Relax by the garden pool, enjoy the aviary, book a massage, or simply unwind on your own private patio or balcony. Ideal for extended stays or family vacations, Encina Lodge offers a variety of accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and apartments. Quilted bedding and floral accents lend the rooms their quaint country charm. Many of the units have full kitchens; plus Las Aves Café is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with room service available.Located in midtown, the hotel is adjacent to Sansum-Santa Barbara Medical Foundation Clinic and Cottage Hospital, and is just minutes from historic downtown, the Red-Tile Walking Tour, Mission Santa Barbara, golf courses, beaches, wineries, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Encina Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Encina Hotel
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western