We arrived late after dark, having got lost trying to find the hotel, and we were told to drive around the hotel and we would find our room which was 334. Grand big room, two Queen size beds, 'fridge, TV., coffee machine, some chairs, bathroom, bowl of fruit and bottles of water.
We found we were too late for the adjoining restaurant at 8.45 p.m., but were directed to another place two doors down which served until 11 p.m.
The next morning we crossed the road and bought provisions for breakfast, bringing them back to our room, and decided to have our breakfast sitting by the pool outside in the pretty garden, having made coffee in the machine. Lovely bougainvillea around the area.
As we were staying only one night, left after that, but would have liked to have stayed longer.
The place was clean and staff at reception friendly. There was a free newspaper at our door in the morning. It was a bit like a motel.
It was quite a drive down State Street and we ended up going to visit the Santa Barbara Courthouse with lovely views all around, interesting murals in the room with the clock up at the top, and the courtroom below, and the ceilings. The woman on the desk was very helpful there.
We would have loved to have stayed longer in Santa Barbara, and if we ever return would use the Pepper Tree Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of tropical gardens, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn is a Spanish-inspired resort hotel with ornate tile and wrought-iron embellishments. The lush gardens feature pathways lined with palms and cascading bougainvillea. The hotel offers two heated tile pools, two whirlpools, an exercise room and massage facilities, conference facilities, complimentary parking and free high-speed wireless Internet service.The hotel's spacious, well-appointed guest rooms feature private decks or balconies overlooking the gardens and pool courtyards. The Treehouse Restaurant and Lounge offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and provides room, patio, and poolside service.Located on upper State Street with easy access to 101, the hotel is adjacent to the shops and restaurants at La Cumbre Plaza, and is just minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, world-class golf courses, award-winning wineries, glorious beaches, and the Santa Barbara Mission. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Expedia, Best Western, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western