Wish I could give this hotel less than one star. We came to S.B. for a wedding and the whole town was booked so we gave this place a try based on Yelp and Trip Advisor recommendations.
Let's start with the locker room smell. Absolutely disgusting. And when we complained, their answer was to mask it with stinky perfumey carpet powder that set all of our allergies ablaze. We had to keep the doors open to clear out the smell, only to discover an old man (guest from another room) hanging over the balcony watching me undress. Again, my complaint went completely unanswered.
They promised to change our room, but promptly forgot and never called us back.
Just sticking with the room, the 70s called and wants their furniture and mirrors back. My back is aching from the bed. No central air and the room air conditioner was loud and froze out my son, who was trying to sleep in the bed next to it. The bathroom was clean, but tiny and so outdated. And the walls were paper thin so we heard every toilet in the place flush. We love Santa Barbara, but this place was horrible and we won't be back. And, after the city tax, we spent over $500 for two nights. I would expect a place like this to be about $69 per night, not $265.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of tropical gardens, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn is a Spanish-inspired resort hotel with ornate tile and wrought-iron embellishments. The lush gardens feature pathways lined with palms and cascading bougainvillea. The hotel offers two heated tile pools, two whirlpools, an exercise room and massage facilities, conference facilities, complimentary parking and free high-speed wireless Internet service.The hotel's spacious, well-appointed guest rooms feature private decks or balconies overlooking the gardens and pool courtyards. The Treehouse Restaurant and Lounge offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and provides room, patio, and poolside service.Located on upper State Street with easy access to 101, the hotel is adjacent to the shops and restaurants at La Cumbre Plaza, and is just minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, world-class golf courses, award-winning wineries, glorious beaches, and the Santa Barbara Mission. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western