“Not ready for guests” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 61 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Boulder Creek, California
“Not ready for guests”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This place looks nice from the front, but is still under heavy construction. My room was on the east side of the property. The pull-down shade did very little to block the 6:20 sunrise. I wouldn't have slept long anyways as the linen semi truck backing down the parking lot at 6:30 followed by the rumble of large laundry carts would have women me up. This is an every day occurrence.

The hotel furnishings are some of the least comfortable I've experienced. The floor is dirty with stained carpet. The shower didn't drain properly so I got to take a shower bath every morning. The doors don't open correctly. You have to turn the handle the wrong direction past where you'd think.

I had stayed here when it was a Holiday Inn and $50 cheaper. It was quiet and comfortable. Hard to understand how a remodel has made this place worse.

The ownership and management have put great effort to make this a hipster hangout with a nice bar / restaurant. That's about the extent of the good.

I hope the management is reading these reviews. There's a very common theme.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Park City, Utah United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We got this hotel through a Priceline bid and were a bit startled at the construction trailers in the parking lot. However, our room had been completely updated and was beautiful. Construction noise ended at about 9pm & all was peaceful! It was a bargain for us.

Santa Monica, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The complaints about the construction should be over, as they finished this week. Kind, hard working staff. Nice pool that they try and keep entertaining with a movie, and DJ. Provide water and drinks. A lot of hotels these days charge for every little service, it's nice to see someone bringing back hospitality. Not by any means a four star hotel, but they don't claim to be. Good for the money, would be perfect for families.

Room Tip: Don't stay on pool side if you want quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am currently sitting in my room at the hotel Goleta. It is 8am and power tools have been going on the entire night. The property is under going major construction and the grounds are littered with your typical construction site mess. The only reason we decided to stay after arriving is because my gf and I are on a road trip and got here very late last night and needed sleep. That sleep never came as the construction went on the entire night. We called and complained several time to the one employee here onsite working out of a trailor. I cannot believe they would be using power tools 24/7. Even after the remodel although it may appear nice, I would seriously avoid this place based on management complete disregard for the guests.

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel is old and tired. Web photos are nothing like reality. Very insanitary as hotel staff is using a little washer and dryer (that was meant for hotel guest personal use) to wash all room sheets, pillow cases and towels. You can find these sheets and towels all piled up on top of the washer and dryer as you walk by them. It is certain that using these little non-commercial washers and dryers is a violation of Board of Health Code.

The rooms and the courtyard are a bit ugly. Ice machine was not working. The proximity to Santa Barbara is the ONLY advantage. Other than that, it was a very uncomfortable stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay there unless everything else is booked.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

checked in around 1030pm, there was no lobby because of construction. front desk was inside a trailer perched in the parking lot with a small make shift sign that reads "front desk". blankets were very thin, construction started at 730am. if i would have known i was paying for a 7AM alarm clock i would have just driven home. not the most ideal place to stay. probably better off at motel 8. or some whole in the wall. checking out was terrible, the employees were qauick to get rid of me, i tried to explain i was unhappy with my stay and they simply told me theres nothing they can do. and just handed me a business card with an email address, and said MAYBE we cn work something out for you in the future if you decide to come back.

Room Tip: wither dont stay here during renovations, or make sure youre getting a room near the back of the pro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for UCSB parent orientation. I chose this only for location purposes. I wanted a hotel less than a ten minute drive to campus. I knew they were under re-model, I thought it would be okay, I am one NOT to complain, whine, etc.. I just wanted a clean decent place to stay. The check in procedure should have been a red flag. It was hot the two days we stayed, unusual for SB. The check in " trailer" yes, trailer had no air conditioning, stifling hot is an understatement. Front desk woman never looked up from her computer, took my name, credit card, pointed to the direction of our room and that was it, no thank you, have a nice stay, just, " drive around" you'll see it! Pull up to room with a concrete mixer 5 feet from our door. This kept mixing until 9:45 pm.. Workers walking, talking around lot till 10:30. You could tell rooms were just finished because it smelled of fresh paint, the decor was brand new too, by the way, they gave us two thin towels.. That's it. Same thing the second night except there was no parking, construction workers took most spots. So we drove to dinner and came back and found one spot open.. Complete opposite side of our room. Workers again all over the place working loudly till 9:00 pm. I guess it was better than 10:30...I went to call front desk for more towels and found the phone was dead. Used my own cellphone and asked for more towels. Within 5 minutes a car pulled up and a nice enough guy handed me ONE towel. Went to use it and it was covered in makeup. It was a USED towel. The next morning I went to check out and again nobody at front trailer looked up.. I asked do I need to sign anything before I leave?? One man mumbled, "no". That's it. No thank you or anything! That was my 2 day, 250.00 a night hotel.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Hotel Goleta? Share your experiences!