This was a "motel" not a hotel. From the multitude of very loud vagrants camping on the park bench across from our balcony to the EXTREMELY loud street noise from the street below, it was not a viable option to open the window in order to get air moving in the room. Not disclosed to us prior, this hotel has no A/C (or heating) although our room came equipment with a thermostat and a register??? The days hit temps in the mid 80's making it quite warm. Opening the sliding door to balcony for air was not an option due to overwhelming street noise and also due to safety concerns. It's a 2 story hotel located centrally but in a challenging section of SB where bums hang out and sleep, so that we did not feel safe to attempt to sleep with our sliding door open. Our inability to open the door for air meant we slept in a very hot, very muggy room. When we called down to the front desk to complain, they sent someone up who told us to turn the thermostat up to 90 and turn fan "on" since they run cool water through pipes in the warmer months and this is supposed to generate cool air in the rooms??...Not only counter intuitive, this did nothing to cool the room and instead made it even louder as the fan attempted to move air. In fact zero air came out of the register. Ugh. Bathroom floor had not been cleaned and there were hairs on the floor and tub was dirty. Light fixture in bathroom was connected to the noisest fan ever (one universal switch) and since there was no natural light in the bathroom, we had no choice but to endure the fan noise in order to use the bathroom. At $105 per night (plus tax AND daily parking fee) we expected a whole lot more. Bring earplugs!!! Good side and why I gave it a better than "terrible" rating: bed was comfortable, free wifi and continental breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Beachside Inn, perfectly located just across the street and a few minutes walking distance from the harbor, pier and beaches of Santa Barbara. From our fantastic location, you can also enjoy a beautiful walk to "downtown" Santa Barbara, and experience all our world class dining and shopping. And to make life even easier, the Santa Barbara beachfront/downtown electric shuttle is available at our front door if you're planning to have an even more relaxing day while visiting. Our 60 room hotel will be sure to offer you the quaint charm, which represents Santa Barbara's essence. But we also offer some of the most modern conveniences. From our very hi-speed internet, to a fabulous continental breakfast and the latest in air conditioning / heating systems, we are all confident you will have a memorable visit here in Santa Barbara all handled by our fabulous staff.We look forward to welcoming all of you to our wonderful littleescape by the sea in beautiful Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Beachside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Beachside Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western