We picked this due to it's proximity to train station -about 1/2 mile walk; and price - $107 plus taxes. After walking by the Oceana and West Beach Inn, we were deflated to see the industrial look of the BW. Our room -108 - was next to the pool gate, and the room not very sound proof. We were out late, so it didn't bother us, but if you keep early hours, beware.
Pool was about the smallest I've seen with negliglble landscaping.
Room was tiny. No microwave, dvd, or fridge. Did have large flatscreen tv. Small-seeming queen bed was ok. Furnishings were strange! Some kind of tall empty consul held the coffee maker and the 2 chairs and table were aluminum and plastic patio style.
Good water pressure in shower, but it leaked all over the floor, no matter how careful we were. Not pretty, but clean.
Continental breakfast was better than a lot of places. Breads, bagels, sweet rolls, fruit and cold cereals -and a large bowl of hard boiled eggs!
We'd try somewhere else next time, but if we were in a jam, we'd make do with this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Beachside Inn, perfectly located just across the street and a few minutes walking distance from the harbor, pier and beaches of Santa Barbara. From our fantastic location, you can also enjoy a beautiful walk to "downtown" Santa Barbara, and experience all our world class dining and shopping. And to make life even easier, the Santa Barbara beachfront/downtown electric shuttle is available at our front door if you're planning to have an even more relaxing day while visiting. Our 60 room hotel will be sure to offer you the quaint charm, which represents Santa Barbara's essence. But we also offer some of the most modern conveniences. From our very hi-speed internet, to a fabulous continental breakfast and the latest in air conditioning / heating systems, we are all confident you will have a memorable visit here in Santa Barbara all handled by our fabulous staff.We look forward to welcoming all of you to our wonderful littleescape by the sea in beautiful Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Beachside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Beachside Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western