“Your Place has good vegetarian options” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #201 of 463 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
“Your Place has good vegetarian options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were in Carpinteria over Memorial Day weekend 2012. We searched for vegetarian restaurants and came up with nothing. However, we searched for Thai food and found reviews for Your Place in Santa Barbara, about 11 miles up the 101 hwy. It is a little hole-in-the-wall place that you'd miss if you blinked.
There were lots of vegetarian options. We tried the garlic pepper tofu broccoli, spicy fried rice, and vegetable wonton soup. Wow! all very good and tasty. The staff was welcoming and friendly and the decor was home-spun Thai themed. The only thing I'd comment on is that the place needs a thorough cleaning- there was dust and grime on the decorations....ew. But, I overlooked all that due to the flavorful and delicious food. Also, they have several "Best Thai food of Santa Barbara" posters up from previous years.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“Spicy and flavourful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My wife and I met a local friend there. He had claimed it was the best Thai restaurant in Santa Barbara. I had the green curry chicken and she had the spicy chicken noodle soup. My meal was fantastic, rich with color and spice. It came with miso soup, rice, and a large spring roll all for about $12. My wife's soup was also nice and spicy with big chunks of chicken. The restaurant itself is a little dated and lacks ambiance but the food more than made up for it at decent prices. We would definitely go to this one again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
pasadena, ca
“Disappointing the second time around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had been to this restaurant once before and liked it a lot. This time I was very disappointed and won't go back. My friend and I ordered tom ka gai soup, stir fried vegetables with garlic, chicken sate and brown rice. The soup was delicious - I always order this at Thai restaurants and this was among the best I've had - but the rest of the meal was so unappetizing it took a while to get the taste and thought of it out of my head. The sate did not look like white meat chicken - the pieces were gray and greasy and shriveled. The server asked if we wanted garlic or ginger in the stir fried vegetables; at her suggestion we opted for garlic, but the taste was way too strong and the vegetables were overcooked.

I like to think that we just had a bad experience that one night, but I won't bother trying it again. The restaurant was very busy so the food must be better than our experience.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, California
“Great Thai Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I used to love this place, but not anymore. Too tight a squeeze inside. The wait people were over-worked. It's still the most popular Thai place in SB. Might as well see what you think. The food is great.

Santa Barbara, California
“We always go here for Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

We've gone here twice for Thai food. The portions are huge and food tasty. I've just been to Thailand where I've gotten a hankering for Phad Thai. I'm going to see if Your Place has it soon.