“Overall, it was very good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian, Café
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Gardiner, Montana
“Overall, it was very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We've eaten here a few times many years ago and wanted to try it again. It is a relaxed atmosphere but nothing fancy. The service is good! Very helpful. We had a hummus appetizer and it was dry and tasteless. The waitress had no problem taking it away. My wife had the Thai Red Curry and I had the Garlic Ceaser Salad with grilled Salmon. Both meal were excellent! The Vegan Dream shake was good and the Lime Sorbet for dessert was just okay.
(They have vegetarian and vegan choices).

I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Santa Barbara, California
“Taste vegetarian dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Went there with my partner, he is a veggie, we had some tortillas, tacos, gringo platter, be prepare for big portions and take some back home with you as we could not finished all, delicious and taste food, surprised for me as I am not a vegetarian, will go back again, prices are excellent, good value, service was ok and relaxed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Yummmmm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great vegetarian food. The ambiance is very down to earth so we did take out and really enjoyed it. The food was ready in about 20 minutes. My tostada was a bit spicy but very yummy.

Visited January 2014
Toronto, Ontario
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were staying at a hotel close by and weren't feeling well so wanted something light to eat in our room. We found Sojourner on tripadvisor searching for vegetarian restaurants.
We were very impressed! We had the pea soup the tofu buddha salad and the mediterranean appetizer. Everything was delicious!...I almost wanted to drink the salad dressing. When my husband went to pick up the food they suggested a hot juice with garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper to help with his cold. It was potent, but the perfect remedy!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, California
“Consistently Good, Healthy Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Sojourner has been a favorite for years, and in many respects, Santa Barbara is a vegan friendly environment. While Sojourner is not exclusively vegan, the entire staff "gets it." There is a changing menu of daily specials, and a list of time tested regular items. Favorites include the Budda Salad and the Mediterranean Torta (a tower of veggies, hummus and other good stuff on a bed of greens.) Generally there is a vegan soup or stew. I recently had the African Nut Stew. Wonderful on a chilly night.

It's been years since I've had any of their meals based on animal products, but I assume the same level of care goes there, too.

Sojourner has a comfortable neighborhood cafe feel. Not fancy. The draw is the food.
One drawback: There are chalkboards in the bathrooms. However, there has not been any chalk provided for at least six months. I've asked, but to no avail.

I dine here about 4 times a month with my wife, and we love it. Unpretentious and healthy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere