“art gallery and food” 4 of 5 stars

805-730-1463
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Arts & Letters Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 449 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cross street: State Street
arizona
“art gallery and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I had their pumpkin soup and pork belly with udon noodles. The soup was okay, the pork belly was tender and very good. We had a half price coupon, otherwise food is pricey.

Santa Barbara
“What Happened?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

What is going on? I have been having business lunches here for over 10 years. The food is always good. Most of the menu has been in place for all 10 years. What happened? All of a sudden the crab cake sandwich is gone. I always order it. The waitress, a lovely blond woman, talked me into the Cod Cake. Sounded awful. But she was very cute. So i tried it. Guess what. She was right. It was better than the crab cake. I went in a few days later and tried the Vietnamese Pork Sandwich. Who ever heard of a Vietnamese sandwich of any kind? Well. I was totally shocked. I am going back next week and try something else new. Must be a new chef. And the blond. She was not there when I went back. Darn, she was almost 1/3 my age. Well, it could happen. Couldn't it?

Bonita, California
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

This restaurant was recommended for lunch, by friends, while visiting Santa Barbara for the weekend. It was a little hard to find as it's in an art gallery. We were so pleased we found it. The food was delicious. I highly recommend the soup and crab cake sandwich for $14.00. The crab cake was full of real crab and not just filler. Everyone @ the table loved their choices. We were so impressed we sought out the chef to tell him how much we enjoyed it. I just wish it was closer to San Diego.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“beautiful courtyard setting; yummy pumpkin soup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

beautiful courtyard setting; yummy pumpkin soup

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Really hidden gem. Great food, nice atmosphere for a special lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2008

Really hidden gem. Great food, nice atmosphere for a special lunch