“MOST ENJOYABLE SERVICE IN THE CITY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 409 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 1985, The Palace Grill is a Santa Barbara landmark restaurant featuring authentic New Orleans-inspired cuisine and a fun, lively atmosphere. Winner of The Santa Barbara's Independent Reader's Poll for "Best Restaurant Service". Located in Santa Barbara's charming Old Town district, The Palace Grill has something for everyone. Our menu features a wide range of contemporary American Grill items with a focus on authentic Southern and Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffee, New Orleans Bar-B-Que Shrimp, Blackened Filet Mignon, and delicious daily "Menu Additions". In addition we have a number of exciting Caribbean dishes and a line of Creole-Italian pastas. To insure that we remain authentic, the Palace routinely flies its staff to New Orleans to experience first-hand the magical quality of the city that has inspired the spirit of the Palace Grill. The Palace has been featured in dozens of national publications including Gourmet(R) Magazine, Bon Appetit(R) and USA TODAY(R). Throughout the years, The Palace has also been a favorite of culinary legends (including chef Julia Child and chef Wolfgang Puck) and has served its cuisine to countless global dignitaries - including 5 U. S. Presidents. At the Palace Grill, everyone shares one goal: to give our guests the most extraordinary dining experience possible: every time they visit. Besides our wonderful cuisine, The Palace is known for it's unique style of "Team Service" (which the Nation's Restaurant News called "an idea whose time has come") and our nostalgic nightly staff and guest Sing-A-Long to Louis Armstrong's iconic song - "What A Wonderful World." Come join the celebration known as "The Palace Grill Experience."
Santa Barbara, California
“MOST ENJOYABLE SERVICE IN THE CITY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went there for lunch after not having been there for several years. Waited upon by two waiters who could not have been more gracious, pleasant, and informative, and who did not foist their names upon us. Had the popcorn crayfish and sumptuous coconut shrimp for appetizers. Then crab cakes for one and a soft shell crab BLT for the other. Fair prices, very pleasant and jovial atmosphere. Don't be put off by the rather worn exterior (not at all suggestive of a "palace"). Inside is a really enjoyable eating experience. Can't recommend it more highly. Rated the outdoor setting a "one" because there isn't any. But by all means go to the Palace.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Trip-Adviser-3000, Public Relations Manager at The Palace Grill, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you VERY much. We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit.

New Port Richey, Florida, United States
“HIGHLY RECOMMEND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had so many choices of restaurants during my stay in Santa Barbara so I was ecstatic that I made The Palace Grill one of my choices. The staff makes you feel so at home and is simply anxious to please. The food is fabulous. New Orleans is my favorite place to eat and one of my favorite travel spots so you can understand how enjoyable this experience was. Everything is freshly made to your with great concern for your satisfaction. I would go back over and over if I could. I recommend this restaurant highly. You would be wise to make a reservation. Enjoy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Granada Hills
“Great food, friendly atmoshpere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We love this place, won't miss it when we come in town. Staff is so friendly. Love the gumbo ya ya, filet mignon with Cajun Hollandaise, lamb chops are out of this world. (Ask them to separate the chops to get the center cooked the way you like - unless you like rare.) They also have a tasty appetizer of plantation fried chicken salad or the crawfish popcorn. They bring a variety of mini muffins to start, lovely. Not a fan of the bread pudding souffle they always ask if you'd like to order. I find it sticky, kinda gooey, and overly sweet. (Not really bread pudding or a souffle.) But hey, by dessert time you'll be stuffed!
They also serve martinis in a mason jar with a little martini glass. Cute, and paces your drinking to refill your glass - like you're getting two drinks!
They also have some sweet traditions with their guests, but I won't give away the surprise!

Laughlin, Nevada
“Excellent as Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had not been to The Palace Grill for about 15 years as I moved from the area, but upon my return, the place has not changed majorly, and that's a good thing. The drink menu has expanded greatly from only the Cajun martini and Caribbean Rum Punch. We shared the sampler platter, and it was worth the wait of 15 years. The Blackened New York Steak melted in your mouth and the Coconut Shrimp was a major hit. The Blackened Catfish was perfectly moist and the Chicken had a wonderful sauce, the dilled vegetables were perfectly cooked. The best for last; the Louisiana Bread Pudding with whiskey cream sauce and Ghirardelli chocolate was as good as my mother's (she doesn't use the whisky in her sauce, though). This was my wife's first visit, and though she was skeptical at first, was already talking about coming back before we left the table. The service was as great as I remembered. We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sandefjord, Norway
“Fun place!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the service in the restaurant. I did not find the food that amazing, though. I had some jumbo shrimps that were soaked in black sauce, they were good, but it was a terrible mess to remove the shell.

They had some very good muffins that we were served while waiting for the meal.

The restaurant was packed. Midway during dinner we were handed a note with the lyrics to a song, and suddenly we were all singing a long with the staff to "What a wonderful world". It is one of my favorite songs, so I really enjoyed that.

All in all the culinary experience was only OK, but the total experience was great!

• Visited July 2013