“Excellent restaurant, lovely atmosphere, gorgeous deserts!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 409 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 1985, The Palace Grill is a Santa Barbara landmark restaurant featuring authentic New Orleans-inspired cuisine and a fun, lively atmosphere. Winner of The Santa Barbara's Independent Reader's Poll for "Best Restaurant Service". Located in Santa Barbara's charming Old Town district, The Palace Grill has something for everyone. Our menu features a wide range of contemporary American Grill items with a focus on authentic Southern and Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffee, New Orleans Bar-B-Que Shrimp, Blackened Filet Mignon, and delicious daily "Menu Additions". In addition we have a number of exciting Caribbean dishes and a line of Creole-Italian pastas. To insure that we remain authentic, the Palace routinely flies its staff to New Orleans to experience first-hand the magical quality of the city that has inspired the spirit of the Palace Grill. The Palace has been featured in dozens of national publications including Gourmet(R) Magazine, Bon Appetit(R) and USA TODAY(R). Throughout the years, The Palace has also been a favorite of culinary legends (including chef Julia Child and chef Wolfgang Puck) and has served its cuisine to countless global dignitaries - including 5 U. S. Presidents. At the Palace Grill, everyone shares one goal: to give our guests the most extraordinary dining experience possible: every time they visit. Besides our wonderful cuisine, The Palace is known for it's unique style of "Team Service" (which the Nation's Restaurant News called "an idea whose time has come") and our nostalgic nightly staff and guest Sing-A-Long to Louis Armstrong's iconic song - "What A Wonderful World." Come join the celebration known as "The Palace Grill Experience."
Yorkshire
“Excellent restaurant, lovely atmosphere, gorgeous deserts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were not disappointed by the Palace Grill after reading recommendations on Trip Advisor. The food was excellent, as was the service, and the atmosphere was relaxed but efficient. We had a sing-along which was fun but the best part has to be the hot deserts, which were amazing. Overall a lovely restaurant!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, UK
“Wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Palace Grill came highly recommended on Trip Advisor. I was particularly looking forward to the 'singalong' that was mentioned. Unfortunately we discovered that only happens on Saturdays, and the magician is on Fridays. However, we still had a lovely time and a delicious meal. Our server, William, was simply wonderful. In the land of brilliant service that is the US, he really stood out. Full of character but efficient - perfect.

The muffins they serve as the bread course were simply delicious. The molasses one might be the best thing I ate in the whole trip!

Go now - you won't regret it!

Visited July 2013
California
“Gumbo Gumbo, More Gumbo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I make trips to Santa Barbara JUST to go visit the Palace Grill. The Gumbo
Ya-Ya is so good, I make the second trip for lunch the next day just to have it again. The staff is so much fun. Try to make it mid-evening, so that you can join in on the restaurant wide sing-a-long and toasting! This is a MUST go to place in SB. Don't forget to order your bread pudding when you first order, so yummy!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Good food, and group karaoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Nice food, similar to what you'd expect in New Orleans (they even display cans & boxes of Cafe du Monde beignet mix). My wife said that the Popcron Crawfish was one of the best things she's eaten in quite a while. At intervals, they hand out a songsheet and a few minutes later they play the related song, and the staff & patrons sing along (in our case, the song was Louis Armstrong's "It's a wonderful world"). A bit hokey, maybe, but good fun.

Visited July 2013
Fountain Valley, California
“Food + Fun = Five”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

If I was being completely honest, I'd say the food was a four, but because this was one of the most unique dining experiences I've ever had and the environment was so fun, it definitely made it a 5. The fun began outside the door. (We got in line and a gentleman took down our name and told us we could go shopping and come back without losing our place, so that was a good way to kill time.) When we came back in line, the Zydeco band was starting up and we got instruments to play with. It was very fun to participate in if you're not shy and you're with a fun buddy. I started my meal with The World Famous Palace Cajun Martini and wow--that was a very strong drink, so you better enjoy vodka. We got a complimentary basket full of different types of cornbread muffins and I couldn't recall which was which, but that was yummy. We started with the Cajun Crawfish Popcorn. That was just okay--probably the thing I liked least that evening. My entree was the Diver Scallops and it was amaaaaaaazing. I could not stop thinking about it the next day. Hands down, the best part of my meal and the reason I would come back. Finally, I got the Dark Chocolate Souffle cake and I was so stuffed by then, but I think it was pretty good. So cute and so fun. I think it's definitely worth going to and waiting in line for if you want something more fun than romantic.

• Visited April 2013