“A disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Olio E Limone Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 463 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State
arkansas
“A disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I would agree the food was good however the service was probably the worst I have experienced in years. This was one time that I seriously considered asking the 20% automatic tip to be removed from the bill. We were a group of 10 adults, 3 children(12, 8, 2...all well behaved). We were celebrating my mother's 80th birthday and had an early seating at 5:45 PM on a Saturday night. We weren't acknowledged by the waiter after we were seated for over fifteen minutes. We were seated in the back room and no other tables were occupied. My brother who is very knowledgeable on wines ordered wine for the table. Ordering to being served the wine took over 20 minutes. The first two selections on the wine list were no longer available. Our thought....change your wine list. The waiter wasn't helpful in guiding the selection and was indifferent each time my brother selected an "out of stock" wine. He never offered up that select wines were no longer available at the start or after the first selection wasn't available. He forgot my brother-in-law had ordered a beer and I had ordered a glass of white wine until he finally came with the bottle of red wine for the table. A lot of detail on this one step in dining out but it set and carried the tone for the evening. I reread some of the reviews prior to writing this and noted we were in the private dining room and also experienced people looking in the windows while we ate...actually a couple people knocked on the windows and waved. We found it sonewhat amusing but clearly not "special" enough of an evening and definitely not indicative of the price we paid.

Visited June 2013

Tempe, Arizona , United States
“So very Italian and authentic...like dining in Firenze!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place was recommended to us by the Sandy in the spa at El Encanto and validated by the concierge, Maximo, when we mentioned where we were dining that evening. This was a quaint place just like what you would find in Florence (Firenze)! And the food was just as authentic as any of those very places you would find. Cannot recommend this place high enough! It is quite possibly the most authentic delicious Italian cuisine I have ever tasted in the states!! Everything was perfection from the vibe and space of the physical environment to the service; which was also decidedly Florence-esque. If you are a connoisseur of fine cuisine, do not miss this gem!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Temecula, California
“Don't dine here if you are looking for the whole dining experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We found Olio E Limone on Open Table, but read the reviews also on Tripadvisor.
The food did not disapoint, but I have to say this was the worst service I think I have had at a fine dining establishment. I have to say that we were 10-15 minutes late for our reservation so I understand this can throw off a small restaurant. We ask if there was a bar we could wait at as there was really no place to wait. We were sent to Olio Pizza, their sister company around the corner to wait. When we got there the waitress/hostess at the bar area at Olio told us they were too busy for us to sit at the bar, and would need to go back to the resturant. REALLY? The next show stopper for us was 15 minutes seated at the table without so much as a hello, from anyone. With so many great choices for fine dining in Santa Barbara, this will never be on our do over list. The only reason this is rated a 2 for us was that the food was good, but got to say not as good as all of the hype. This is not the place to take the customer you are trying to impress.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, California
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband, stepdaughter and I went to Olio e Limone this evening for dinner to celebrate her upcoming high school graduation. It is not a large restaurant, but very comfortable and nicely decorated. The staff were very attentive, and there were plenty of them around. If you needed something and didn't see your waiter, there were plenty of staff around that were happy to help. They had a great menu and wine list (these are posted online). We had a lovely meal, starting with the caprese (the menu has very long Italian name). I had the shrimp risotto, my husband had the veal scallopine, my stepdaughter had one of the specials. All were excellent, but the dessert my stepdaughter ordered was the best - a chocolate bread pudding with bananas and chocolate grenache, but it is not your grandmother's bread pudding - absolutely to die for! Sadly, I didn't think to take a picture because I was diving into my cannoli. Probably not a great place for small children, but a good location for a nice date night or special occasion. It is not inexpensive, but it is definitely worth the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tiburon, CA
“A very nice place, becoming expensive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice location, excellent service, and good food! Plenty of parking close by.
Starters range from $9-$18, pastas from $18-$27, main courses from $26-$36. Wine by the glass from $10-$19! ; however, the wine steward will do the pour at your table, and it is a generous pour, definitely 6oz.

• Visited May 2013