“Good Enough” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #178 of 449 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
California
“Good Enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went here on a Sunday evening and it ended up being fairly busy. Waitress was nice and service was good too. Food was good, nothing super outstanding certainly better than going to any chain italian place. I would defintely come back again. Based on the other reviewers it seems to be hit or miss with this place, but I think it's worth a try.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Poor food and poor service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I guess we should have realised that as the only restaurant with empty tables outside, there was something wrong with the food! Still we were hungry and went in. Our server was polite but not very friendly. I ordered the insalata di spinaci followed by the special - scalopine of Veal. My partner took a tagliatelli as a starter and spicey sausage as the main. My starter was fine but my partner's was extremely bland. Both our mains were miserable. Mine was too fatty whilst my partner's had a very peculiar flavour. Neither of us finished our meal and no comment was made by the server. A very rushed job. I was extremely surprised to see people queing to get in as we left - until I realised everywhere else was packed! Not a recommendation.

Visited September 2012
“Attitude Of The Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

This review is not related to the food but to the atmosphere and attitude of the management.

My girlfriend wanted to treat me to a fun and romantic night out in Santa Barbara for my birthday, so she found what she thought would be a romantic restaurant with good service.

Unfortunately we never got to the food part because we were so put off by the condescending attitude of the "manager" who greeted us and apparently he needs a lesson on how to seat people.

We made reservations and since the Zagat website had stated this restaurant has romantic and quiet seating my gf asked the very nice girl who answered to phone for a "special" table.

When we arrived a bit early we were greeted by the manager so we explained this to him. He simply pointed around the restaurant and stated we could sit in a variety of tables including one in the "corner" that was available now.

Since we could not see any empty tables in any of the corners we were both confused especially since he appeared to be telling us to go seat ourselves at a table that did not exist.

Once I realized he was talking about a table along the wall by the entrance to the bus station I went ahead and led the way since the "manager" was clearly not interested in taking us there.

He then followed with the menus and my girlfriend tried to help him understand why it was confusing to us 1. The meaning of corner 2. Having him point to a table rather than leading us to it

I also tried to get him to acknowledge this concept that pointing into the dining area and saying "take that corner table" when there were no corner tables available was not the best way to seat people.

His response was " hopefully next time we will get off to a better start".

That's when we decided this really wasn't the romantic quiet dinner spot we were hoping for.

Thank goodness we walked out and found the Blue Agave restaurant around the corner which was just what were were looking for.

Los Angeles, California
“Nice enough but pretty pricey!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Enjoyed the service and the food was nice but very rich, could only eat half of my pasta dish. The drinks were quite expensive and there were lots of hidden costs to look out for in the small print. I found it to be a little too expensive as the food was far from out of this world. We paid around $90 for two of us and shared a starter and I didn't drink any alcohol, all in all I would recommend it if you are a fan of Italian as it did have a nice ambience but otherwise, try out one of the many other great restaurants around.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Not your simple italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

When I lived in Santa Barbara this was my favorite restaurant. The pasta dishes are more creative and complex than your standard spaghetti and ravioli with marinara. The fish is alos good here as well. Most important everything is always fresh. They also have one of the bigger outside seating areas in Santa Barbara.

• Visited September 2011