“Awesome Indian Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome Indian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Stopped by Flavor of India for takeout; we suspected from the crowds that this was an exceptional restaurant, and we were not disappointed! Our curries were amazing, as were all of the sides. Despite the business of the restaurant, we were provided with excellent service. I will never visit Santa Barbara again without visiting Flavor of India!

Visited December 2011

carpinteria
“my favorite Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have been going to flavor of India sense 1999. I have been to every indian place in santa barbara, it is the best out of all of them. not everyone I know agrees with me, but they are also not big spicy food eaters either. Flavor of India has mild, med, and spicy levels. it is always busy when I go in there and the service is always great.

• Visited November 2011
psjayne
“Fabulous Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This restaurant was recommended by the Manger at Agave Hotel and I greatly thank her for steering me 2 blocks away. The food was delicious!

Visited November 2011
California
“Best Indian restaurant in Santa Barbara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I have tried all of the Indian restaurants that are still in business in Santa Barbara and for value, service and food quality...Flavor of India on No. State St. stands out as the best among them all. Why?... It is family owned, their food is always fresh, particularly the buffet lunch at $8.95 with salad, basmati rice, 2 chicken dishes including chicken tandoori and chicken masala (a rich tomato based curry), saag ( spinach) and cooked savory lentils as well as a "veggie of the day" which ranges from saffron cauliflower to curried potatoes, etc. Even their desserts are made fresh too like their rice pudding - - unlike many other local Indian restaurants. Flavor of India is always fresh and a wonderful experience. It is a place where local SB people gather to enjoy their lovely food and friendly, attentive service. I cannot recommend it enough if you want quality pujabi / northern India food in Santa Barbara.

I recently reviewed the Indian eatery SPICE AVENUE in SB on TA which while serving okay food at $10/95 per buffet... there is a very rude and unfriendly woman owner-manager in her early 40s who scowls and treats the cutomers poorly. She appears moody and inhospitible. Quite a weird place I must say to have a person like her out front with customers, compared to Flavor if India, which is quite the reverse

• Visited October 2011
Fremont, California
“Very Tasy Indian Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Of the Indian restaurants in town this one seemed to have the best menu selections available. We're not fans of buffets so this one really looked like the best option. We were not disappointed. We arrived to find it was very busy (had to be a good sign on a Thursday night). Everything we ordered was very tasty, good spice levels, and the lamb karahi gosht was excellent, one of the best Indian lamb dishes we have tasted, and we're big curry fans. The cost was very reasonable for the amount and quality of food.
Would recommend to others and visit again if we're in town.

• Visited October 2011