“Not to be missed!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Enterprise Fish Co. - Santa Barbara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 409 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Amtrak
Description: Just a few blocks from the waterfront, our restaurant in Santa Barbara operates in a century-old brick building originally home to an industrial linen service for seaside hotels. While the Douglas fir floors, soaring ceilings, and glassed cupola have always been features of this historic structure, the sweeping arches facing State Street were added after much of the building crumbled during the 1925 Santa Barbara earthquake. Built in 1917, the historic building now home to our Santa Monica restaurant was once a transfer station for the narrow-gauge Red Car line, Los Angeles' first mass transit system. It was later the repair house for the world-famous Pacific Ocean Park, home to the oldest wooden roller coaster west of the Mississippi. These days, we're still a stone's throw from Venice Beach, heart of where L.A. goes to play -- and eat.
California
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Oh, I wish this resturant was closer to me. We went on a Sunday night and set at the bar to watch a game and the Oscars. They have happy hour on Sunday night till 11pm. We didn't plan on it but made a meal of appetizers. Everything was great and the service was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bedford, TX
“Seafood -tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a late Sunday lunch (served until 3p) where you get a very tasty meal at lunch prices. Skewered scallops $11 and Idaho Trout $14.95 were both excellent.Casual setting. Enterprise Fish is well known by the locals too.

Ventura, California, United States
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great atmosphere, great food, and great drinks! Nice selection of local craft beers and great IPA's. Loved the Cosmos too! Main lobster was off the charts and close enough to walk from Cabrillo. Great date & anniversary place. Service is excellent!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Best seafood ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

waiter Greg was awesome, personable and attentive....Crab cakes were best I've ever had.....I swear there wasn't any filler and they were awesome. Blackened salmon was wonderful per my husband. grilled vegs were also very tasty...Lobster bisque was "to die for"...large bits of lobster in it and so rich it was unbelievable. Not inexpensive but sooooo good you didn't care what the cost was.....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Barbara
“Why did I wait so long?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am almost ashamed to say that I am an SB native and this was my FIRST TIME eating at the Enterprise Fish Co. Hello?! Where have I been?! In all seriousness, my experience at this restaurant was so pleasantly surprising. We made reservations at 7:30 pm on a busy Friday night and were asked "if there was a special occasion". I told the hostess no there wasn't, only our first time ever trying the place. She laughed (a nice laugh) and said "well it's about time" and that was that. We arrived right about 7:30pm and were seated by 7:35 at the latest. At first glance, it looks really small and overcrowded and I was a little worried as we were bringing our 2 year old and a party of 5 along with us. I was surprised to see that once we were seated, the restaurant opens up towards the back and has a very cool kitchen placed right in the middle of the restaurant (glass windows so you can see what the chefs are cooking). As we were seated the hostess said, "Welcome to Enterprise Fish Co, I understand this is your first time." Wait.... what? The hostess I spoke to actually took time to note that this was our first time. This to me is fantastic follow up and great customer awareness. A little shocked I said yes, thank you and we were then quickly greeted for our beverage order. Soon after that, our waitress came by and introduced herself. Her name was Karis. Before I continue, I must say, I work in the customer service industry (hotels to be exact) and have learned that a smile and a great personality can go a long way. Karis had both. She was prompt to all of our needs, refilling, checking on us, and making sure we had everything we needed. I think she checked on us like 5 or 6 times after we got our meals alone. It was never bothersome. The way she did it was so smooth and flawless. Her service was fantastic! Now, the meal. I attached some photos of the meals we got, which were all great! But the one thing I loved was my son's meal. He ordered a grill cheese with fruit and it was presented in a fishing ship (see attached pictures). This not only was appreciated by me for its cuteness but it entertained him the entire meal allowing Mommy and Daddy a chance to actually enjoy our food rather than one of us to have to scarf it down. The strawberries and chocolate pudding were also a fun touch to the kids meal. Overall, I love this place and I think I'm safe to say it might be my new favorite. I'm 100% going to recommend it to all of our guests at my job. They really did well. Kudos to Karis our waitress. I hope you management realizes how great you are! Thank you!!!