“Wow! The original Sambo's Pancake house.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
San Diego, CA
“Wow! The original Sambo's Pancake house.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is the original Sambo's Pancake restaurant right across from the Santa Barbara beach and pier. Great little find and the pancakes were super. Wait staff were all very efficient, and friendly.

Visited December 2012
Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
We glad you had a chance to stop by. My Grandfather opened the restaurant over 50 years ago, we are proud to still have it in the family.
Chad, Owner

“Breakfast is Awsome especially the chocolate chip muffins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Sambos is a great spot for breakfast by the ocean in downtown Santa Barbara. Close to hotels and downtown. I am a local and this is one of my favorite places to have breakfast. Try it out for yourself you will live it

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast and staff. Any reason why only 3 stars?
Nanaimo
“Beach view diner across from SB's west beaches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Good spot for breakfast when walking the beachfront. Decent sized breakfasts , and omlettes are very tasty! Pleasasnt staff and reasonable prices.

Visited December 2012
Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for your post.
Chad, Owner
Holland, Michigan
“Breakfast in Santa Barbara”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

While the food was good, it seemed overpriced. My son ordered an omelette with ham, cheese, bacon, onions and sour cream and it was $16.00. It is a popular place place so be prepared to wait especially if you have a party of more than 4. I am not sure if they were staffed well enough as our service was slow and not correct. They also made two overcharge mistakes on our order that they had to correct.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Phil,
Thank you for your post. I am sorry that you felt our menu was over priced. The Ham and Cheese omelette is $10.20 and side of sour cream would be extra. The server must have made a mistake in ringing up something. I would be happy to refund any over charges we may have done. I also will talk to the staff about service. Can you let me know where and what time you ate so I can talk to that staff member to see if they need more training. It is our goal to provided the best food and service possible. We hope to see you back again soon.
Reuver, The Netherlands
“Breakfast time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

It was close to my hotel so I went ther for breakfast twice. The first time I took the Santa Barbara ommelett and it tastes absolutely great. (remember that one!). The day after that I ate the Denver ommelett, wich was good as wel, but couldn't reach the Santa Barbara.

The staff is very welcoming and makes you feel very comfy.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for your post. I had the SB Omelet today also, it was great.