“Do Not Be Afraid!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Everett, WA
“Do Not Be Afraid!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am super picky about what a place looks like thanks to my dad finding the worst of the worst places to eat when I was a kid. When our hotel's manager told us we HAD to eat here, we headed over to try it. The minute I saw the place, I told my husband to keep driving. There was NO WAY I was going to eat in essentially a shack with a tarp over the top.

When we next spoke to the hotel manager, he asked us if we liked and and I told him what we had done. We BEGGED us to go try it. So, the next day, we went over again and stopped to eat.

I would have hated myself forever if I had never eaten there. The tacos were the best EVER! You watch them make the tortillas while your meat is cooking. It was so delicious that I forgot I was sitting in white plastic lawn chairs under a tarp next to a vacant lot. It was so good that we tried to go back for lunch the next day but found the 45 minute wait (we must have hit it on a rare slow night because a line is apparently very common) in the hot July sun to be too much.

Do not fear the funky exterior of this place. The food is worth it!

Visited July 2012

Santa Barbara, California
“Super Rica Taqueria A Place That Time Has Passed By”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I used to be a very big fan of La Super Rica and go at least weekly but there seems to be so many better options these days. The food is still pretty good, but really, a little glob of meat on a handmade tortilla is nothing special these days. This place got a big reputation when Julia Childs made a positive review of it years ago and it is still riding on that reputation. The servings and drinks are small, the ambiance is non-existant (it used to be an Orange Julius Stand) and the prices are high compared to other better taquerias in the same neighborhood. There are still lines out the door at times, but with almost no Mexicans (in a predominantly mexican neighborhood) that should tell you something.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Worth the Line”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is the real deal for tacos, salsa, guacamole, posole, chorizo, you name it! Glad this hole-in-the-wall lived up to it's reputation...homemade tortillas! Wish they were located in my state!!! I'd be a regular.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, California
“Local and authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is still a popular spot. You need to wait on line to place your order, and then pick it up inside the very casual eating area. The food was good (not great) and the entire experience was fun.

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Authentic delicious whole in the wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for the real deal this spot is a hidden treat. They make everything fresh including the tortillas as you wait. Don't let the line scare you. The specials are always good but you must get #16 pork or chicken. Bacon and cheese, pork or chicken and cheese and tamales are a must as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere