“One of our favorites!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
California
“One of our favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have been eating at this restaurant for years. All of our out of town guests want to go here. The food is fresh and tasty. Their hand made tortillas are delicious. My personal favorite is the number 8, with chicken, onions, mushrooms and peppers grilled and served with 3 tortillas. My husband always orders the Especial with a side of guacamole. We go at off hours to avoid the lines, and find the food consistently good. The owner is a great guy. We highly recommend La Super Rica!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Encino
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Love...this...place. When I moved to Santa Barbara, my brother told me this was the true gem for Mexican food in the area. He hyped it up to the point that my expectations were pretty darn high by the time I would enjoy my first bite. I'll admit- my first reaction was that it was just OK. Now, fast forward two years later...I go there all the time! The reason? Trust me, it's not due to any lack of Mexican restaurant choices in Santa Barbara- as there are TONS. I go & go & go because it's just absolutely delicious. The place won me over big time. My favorite is the chicken w/veggies plate (comes with 3 home-made tortillas). Their quesadillas are excellent; the service with a smile is welcoming; prices are reasonable; and the salsas outstanding. Yummy.

Visited October 2012
Camarillo, California
“Solid Mexican fare at affordable prices, but over-hyped.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've been to this place on 3 or 4 occasions over the few years. Overall, I like the food but don't feel it or the place lives up to the hype. I know it's always crowded with people lined up down the block at times, but I must confess I don't see why. The food is fresh, homemade and tasty, but I've had better in Santa Barbara, Ventura and even Camarillo. Not a bad choice if you are on your way to the SB Bowl I suppose, but personally I would not go out of my way to find the place, which by the way is not so easy if you are just driving around the area without your GPS. It's a simple looking building without much in the way of signage, which you'd miss entirely if not for the people waiting outside. I guess I'll have to try it again one of these days.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CA
“Fresh and good, but that's it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Heard many great things about this place. It's a little shack of a place, "real" mexican food. The food is definately made fresh and to order, and it's good. But I didn't find it so great I would recommend anyone go out of their way to eat there.

Visited October 2012
Oakland, California
“La Super-Rica, La Super Delish!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Oh YES! A definitely NOT-TO-MISS Santa Barbara dining establishment. Got to go! Here's a few reasons why:

- Homemade Tortillas
- Homemade Tamales- (LOVE the vegetarian ones!)
- Homemade Guacamole served in homemade Tortillas
- Reasonably priced
- Generous with ice! Gave us two big cups full!
- Easy to find location
- Patio dining
- Julia Child ate here & if's good enough for Julia, its good enough for ME!

Perhaps people look at it as a 'tourist trap' but who cares?! The food is good, authentic and cheap- whats NOT to like about that? Especially in Santa Barbara!!

• Visited September 2012