“Great surprise, great place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Milo Santa Barbara

You added Hotel Milo Santa Barbara to your Saves list
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   202 W. Cabrillo Blvd., Santa Barbara, CA 93101 (Formerly Hotel Oceana)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Urban Wine Tasting
Ranked #40 of 53 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Sun Valley, Idaho
“Great surprise, great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I ended up joining a friend at the last minute who was here with a Red Bull event. What a great surprise! Obviously an ideal location. But I also loved the character, class, style and history of hotel. Nothing over the top, but everything comfortable and exactly what needed. . Well done. And my one major interaction with staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. Well done Milo...!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
West Coast, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We took AMTRAK from Oakland and walked from the station (a little far for some of us). We were greeted and enjoyed every minute of our stay. Wish I could say something good about our trips on AMTRAK. Enjoyed relaxing in the patios, the breakfast was good. Loved the bike ride.

Room Tip: View better on second floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for two nights in April. We got a beach front deluxe room and it was stunning. It was big and light with three windows all looking at the beach and ocean. Genuinely one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in. It was one of those rooms that you just don't want to come out of. Special mention to Front desk manager Frank who was a true professional and genuinely seemed to go out of his way to help, especially when there were a group of drunk guests banging the life out of the room next door for 20 minutes.

The breakfast is really good. They do charge a resort fee but that includes bike hire and wifi. Also be aware that they charge for parking

In the justice of a fair review and honesty I feel it right to mention that I had a slight problem with a girl at front desk, who was a tad rude and left me standing for nearly 20 minutes while she went out back to sort a problem and after a 3 hour drive I was really annoyed at the time, but I wont go in to any more details as I was so impressed with the room and hotel. Also I had a rental brand new 2015 Mustang and when the bellboy got my suitcases out of the boot he badly scratched the paintwork. I didn't mention it as I had full insurance but if I didn't have rental insurance that would have been an awkward situation. I was a bit annoyed as I had done it several times myself and took far more care then he did.

Please don't let the above put you off. This is a beautiful hotel in a prime almost perfect location and I could coo about the room all day.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat, without hesitation.

Room Tip: Room 202 is breathtaking
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We booked a girls three day get away at Hotel Milo in Santa Barbara. What a Pleasure! With a comfortable well appointed room overlooking the swimming pool we were able to use it as a base to explore our environment. The breakfast was well presented with good food choices for different dietary requirements and if you were lucky you could sit outside to enjoy your breakfast. The hotel is well placed next to the beach so it is easy to explore the Wharf from where you can catch a bus into town and view the Old Mission and other historical buildings. I would come back again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Ryan M, Manager at Hotel Milo Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful and unique hotel. We hope to see you soon.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We booked an ocean view room for one night, it was definately worth the money. The view was amazing and the location was excellent. It was a shame we only stayed for one night as we would have loved to stay longer. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. I would certainly recommend staying here. We can't wait to one day return.

Room Tip: Ocean view room was brilliant.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
We are happy you enjoyed the view and look forward to your return!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked the ocean view suite for 2 nights. Our room was spacious but situated opposite the lobby with the fountain in front with tables and chairs for other patrons to use.
Our 'ocean view" was marred by this, it was also very noisy as people ate and drank out there.
The room was large with a sofa and coffee table. Writing desk and the fridge was an absolute bonus for the milk for the tea I made in room (I brought my own kettle). A coffee machine was supplied also.
The bed was extremely comfortable. The pillows were ok for my husband, but again I always bring my own (sounding rather precious, but I don't like other people's dribble).
The bathroom was very clean but dated. Functional and ok lighting and enough space to unpack toiletries.
The L'occitane products are attached to the wall in the shower. Shampoo, condtitioner and body wash. Soap and showercap also provided.
The room has a very 60's vibe which I liked. Felt like a 'middle aged' prop in a Mad Men scene.
The location is perfect. You can easily walk to the pier and catch a tram/bus up to main street to shop and eat.
The parking was hit and miss. At one stage we parked behind the hotel on the street as there was no parking available on site.
there are 2 pools. We chose the smaller pool which had no one using it when we visited. Very clean and plently of towels supplied.
The breakfast is very good value but also very busy depending what time you arrive. On the second day we took croissants back to eat outside our room and made our own tea from our own supplies.
Would certainly stay here again as the proximity to the beach was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second level with sea views. Our room on the ground floor was noisy.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly enjoyed reading your comments and are always looking for new ways to improve our guests experience. We hope you come see us again!
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here in Early April through a blind reservation on Priceline and could not have been happier. The location is directly across the street from the sand, great spot.

The buildings are vintage and well maintained, that adobe mission look. The rooms are very nice and actually pretty contemporary inside, good size, wood plank floors, actual knick-knacks decorating the room that aren't bolted down. The best mini-bar that I have seen (at typical high hotel prices). All the staff I talked to (maybe 6 different people) were very friendly, always asked if there was anything I needed and seemed to actually care if I did.

There is a $12 fee added on to the room rate but worth it. For that fee everyone gets a nice breakfast and use of the hotel's beach cruisers. Fee is per room and not per person. Breakfast is low key with no interrogations, good selection of breads, pastries, cereals, yogurts, fruit, coffee, juices, etc.

If I head back to SB this place is on my list. Oh, they are pet friendly too.

Room Tip: Only 2 floors, but stick to the ground level if you don't want to climb stairs. We heard no noi...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review! We pride ourselves in the service we provide and love to make our guests happy. We look forward to your return.

Been to Hotel Milo Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!