“A perfect little hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Milo Santa Barbara

Save Saved
You added Hotel Milo Santa Barbara to your Saves list
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   202 W. Cabrillo Blvd., Santa Barbara, CA 93101 (Formerly Hotel Oceana)   |
Ranked #37 of 61 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Neptune, New Jersey
“A perfect little hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The view from this hotel was amazing. They upgraded me to the best room in the hotel. (room 238). The room had awesome double doors that opened up to great ocean view of Santa Barbara. No Air conditioning could be a draw back if you stayed during the hot months. The weather was perfect and wasn't a problem for me. I only stayed one night as i was driving up the PCH. If you want a nice quiet boutique hotel in Santa Barbara stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for 238 if you want the best room in the hotel. I waited past the 4pm check in time but it was w...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I give the location of this place 5 stars- right on the main beach street, right near State Street which is the main drag in downtown S.B. and it's free breakfast was very good. They provide free beach cruisers and have very friendly service and it's clean, a large, typical S.B. spanish style property and the room was very clean.

The reason I give this 3 stars is that we paid $465/night for this place. It's a motel room at best but without the orange and mustard yellow bedspread. The bathroom is small, tub was reglazed, sort of anyways. The biggest complaint we had was how you can hear everything- and I mean everything- above and around you in these rooms. People walking on the 2nd floor above sounded like a herd of wild horses. Someone next door opening or shutting a door would wake you up. Even someone clearing their throat sounded like someone was in the same room with you. There were some very early screaming kids right outside on the expansive lawn- which is not the fault of the hotel- but there was lots of this all weekend long by several guests.

It was a hot weekend and they do not have air conditioning, which is typical of the beach, but definitely not typical of a $465/night hotel room anywhere. They had a ceiling fan and of course, if we could have opened the window (there is only one window in the room) that could have helped. But the large window is right next to the bed and in the front of the room where all other guests and people are walking right by and can easily see the entire room. You could open the window to get some sort of air in the stifling heat but you would be waving to people walking by all day and night 3 feet away from your bed.

It's a great place to stay for a semi-budget room. I would have had much different expectations had I paid about $250/night, which is still a lot. But at that high price, I expected so much more that it basically ruined it from the moment we walked in.

Room Tip: make sure you are upstairs or you will never sleep!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Petaluma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel can be a perfect anchor point for Santa Barbara tourism. There are enough attractions within walking distance you could put your car "on ice" for a couple of days and just walk around. Their free bicycles are a real gift, and add another aspect to your vacation experience. I chafe at the parking fees, but there really is no reason to support them, as the parking on the perimeter of the property works perfectly, so long as you take your car out daily.

My first visit there were glitches, but they worked them out and encouraged me back with reduced rates. I was happy to return and use my first hand knowledge with their customer service to create a perfect haven in Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't end up with a room that has exposure to the guest drive in....The "traf...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had stayed here when it was the Oceana. Sorry to say it was not anything like the previous owners. Everything was getting run down. Even the area. Go north just a little bit even. The area was not very nice anymore either. Disappointed. Left for Carmel and thats when our trip really started.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Chelsea B, Manager at Hotel Milo Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear hoomie,

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that your experience isn't what you expected from your previous stays here at Hotel Milo. I have actually been with the hotel for the last three years and with both companies, and I assure you this change will be amazing for our little boutique style hotel. As we have only been Hotel Milo for a few months now rest assured our new company is just starting to make changes that will go a long way to make your stay more enjoyable. I hope you do come back to stay with us again and please feel free to reach out to me personally as I would love to ensure your next stay is flawless.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

actually about a 3.5 - We stayed here the night before a charity walk during the CA heat wave. The hotel is cute and the location couldn't be better, but lack of air conditioning made it really uncomfortable for our short night.
On the positive side, the courtyard and ocean breezes cooled the room off as long as we kept the window open. I would love to try it again when the weather is more accommodating.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear pvd90,

Thank you very much for your recent review. We are glad you liked our cute boutique hotel and were able to enjoy our great location. You were here during the absolutely hottest week of the year so I am so sorry that put a damper on your travels. We would love to have you back and experience our hotel in its normal climate! Please let me know when you come to stay next and I will ensure your next experience is perfect.

Thank you again for your review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice stay opposite the sea n beach walk .nice weather . Great location pnear the pier n the marina . Plenty of restaurants .coffee shops . Shopping places . Dining placess . Wind surfing . Fishing . Riding bikes .

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Abdulla A,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in Santa Barbara and can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great location and friendly staff, but tiny rooms and no A/C!! Do not stay here if it is above 80! We left our widows open until people started smoking outside, and since we have a 3-month-old we had to close them. There are ceiling fans but I don't think ours did too much. Our poor baby was up half the night (therefore, as were we) because she was so hot. Miserable.

• Stayed September 2014
Shelley S, General Manager at Hotel Milo Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Samfrog,

While I am happy to hear that the staff were so friendly and you were able to enjoy our location, I am so sorry to hear about how much the heat affected your stay. I can understand that having your little one unable to sleep wouldn't allow for much rest for you and your husband. If there is anything I can do to help turn this experience around for you I do hope you will reach out to me directly so that I can help address your concerns and invite you back for a more enjoyable experience.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Shelley

Been to Hotel Milo Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!