“Best cappuccino in USA” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Bergamo, Italy
“Best cappuccino in USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had A real italian cappuccino in porcelain cups, a rare things in the us. Perfectly done, right temperature. Great place. Recommended.

• Visited May 2013

San Francisco
“I agree with best mocha ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I agree with the earlier review about the mochas. it was because of it that review that I tried Handlebar.

The mocha was so good and not too sweet. The line was long, but it was worth the wait. Plus, they were super nice.

• Visited April 2013
Barcelona
“Right in front of the Presidio: great espresso, great baristas, great pastries: I will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The lightly roasted beans in the coffee grinder next to the espresso machine were the first hint that I might find espresso excellence in this small coffee shop. The next hint was talking with the baristas: though they were not the owners, the two young men manning the shop that afternoon handled all my “coffee” questions with confidence and frankness: who roasted, why the bottomless filter holders, shot pulling technique, cup size.

These two gentlemen has clearly been taught the 5 M’s necessary for espresso excellence (the words all start with M in Spanish: Maquina, Molino, Mano, Mezcla, Mantenimiento – in English: Espresso Machine, Espresso Grinder, Barista, Coffee Blend, Maintenance). Well done to the owners.

We ordered a cappuccino, a latte and an espresso, along with some pastries. I was offered a glass of water with my espresso – kudos to the team. The drinks were perfectly executed and presented, in porcelain cups. The flavour of my espresso was so sweet, with balanced aroma and body, that I had to have another.

One of the best espressos I have ever had in any coffee shop in the USA. To use Michelin terms, I rate Handlebar as being in the “Vaut le voyage” class – worthy of going out of your way for that special espresso experience.

• Visited March 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Best mocha in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a delicious little coffee joint with the most friendly of owners! The combination of cycling and coffee is a fun one, and the mocha is a wonderful indulgence... It's incredibly dark, so not too sweet - it keeps the sugar cravings at bay without adding to them! Friendly service and delicious coffee... nothing to complain about!

• Visited May 2012
Santa Barbara, California
“Best cappuccino in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Yummie! Cappuccino and pastries (try almond croissant and bran muffins!) are excellent! And coffee too! I was used to stop there after my bike rides. And now that I broke my right arm and I can't ride for a while ... I go there for my "Italian style" breakfast! Must try it!

• Visited February 2013