“Funky little Boutique Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
GreenLeadersGold level
“Funky little Boutique Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We checked in to this Hotel from a long 8 hr drive and were quite surprised with it! The Rooms are SMALL!!! As in European small. The Bed awesome and comfortable and the staff and service excellent! I have stayed in Hotels with bathrooms bigger than this room was! With that being said it was comfortable, clean and modern with all of the amenities. Within walking distance of everything we needed, and enjoyed it! If you dont like trains, and being in a little room , don't do it. We enjoyed it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

First off, hotel value is good. Clean, well thought out design, good service for not so much money. However, if you're looking for "boutique", this isn't for you.

The hotel is located near (if not next to) the train tracks. We didnt hear much noise but probably because we got there after the trains stopped running.

Rooms are on the small/Euro side but well designed, if a little cramped. Ours had a small patio outside but didn't use it. THis was also the same side as the trains.

Parking was ample next door. Restaurants were a few minutes walk up and down the street. Beach was perhaps 6 or so walking blocks away.

Think of this as a great motel/hostel. I'd stay for a day but probably not for longer than that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear ezraulo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. I apologize apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was a guest of the Indigo hotel last Thursday and Friday. The hotel is beautiful! All of the staff members I encountered were friendly and professional.

I took my four month old Golden "Jake" on his first vacation. The staff was very friendly and accommodating in letting me know where to give him breaks and he was greeted with a pooch welcome bag listing dog friendly restaurants and placed to visit, as well as dog buiscuits.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the shower was the best I've ever experienced in a hotel. The water pressure and softness of the water was incredible. Most hotels have really cut back ont he number of towels they leave in a room for guests, however, not the Indigo the number of towels were more than plenty which is great; normally I have to request additional towels.

The location is the best walking distance to the beach, harbor, restaurants and shops!

Room Tip: If you have a pooch request a room on the ground floor. We had one with a balcony and it was perfect...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kay M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We are so glad that you and "Jake" liked the Hotel Indigo. We love our furry friends!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've stayed in the Indigo twice so far and both times I was absolutely blow away by the cleanliness and customer service. I travel to Santa Barbara often and have stayed in many hotels, but this hotel has quickly become my de facto "home away from home". It's one of those hotels that realizes they're operating in 2013 and provide all of the things you'd expect. Immaculate, modern rooms, ample power supplies, amazing design... etc etc.

And don't get me started on their new restaraunt. We ate there last night and the service, food, ambiance were all top-knotch. I think if I were to ever open a hotel, It would be like this.

And lastly, the beach is just a 5-10 minute walk away. Santa Barbara really needs more of this.

Frederick

Room Tip: If you're an early sleeper, avoid the room above the restaurant. It's not horribly noisy, bu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for returning to the Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara and for trying out the new restaurant, Anchor Woodfire Kitchen and Bar. Chef Jason does an awesome job.
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We phoned to see if there were any rooms available for the night and Frank could not have been more helpful in taking our booking or on checking us in on arrival. Efficient to the max !! Robert - simply a star in making any guest feel welcome and immediately as ease dropped everything to assist us in trying to find a hockey game on TV and making sure that everything was working in our room. Such as star he was that the next day when he found out I needed to go to the Post Office he went out of his way to get me a box to post in all and make sure it was all packed and I was ready to go! Amanda - what a delight at checkout - service with a smile and real heart. I can't say I've ever received customer service like this at any other US Hotel I've stayed at - they really went out of their way! The hotel itself - funky - great location - I loved the murals on the walls - rooms are cosy - but its because of these staff above all that I'll be back if I've ever back in Santa Barbara.

To the Management - hold on to these Staff - they are absolute winners and make your hotel stand out above others!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the generous review of our excellent staff. They really appreciate the recognition!
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

What an amazing hotel with phenomenal staff. I have never felt so accommodated and cared for by a group of strangers. I originally misbooked my room for the wrong night, and even though my rate was locked in with a no change policy they took care of it and kindly moved my reservation to the appropriate date. This is one hotel that looks past the bottom line and cares about the service they provide. THANK YOU Hotel Indigo for your amazing staff and support!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

From Brandon at the front desk remembering and taking care of us, to the groovy rooms and the fabulous Anchor restaurant on premises, we enjoyed our stay here.
Why four stars? I wasn't thrilled with the workers opening our garden patio doors before 9am to walk back and forth while working. Not sure if it was construction or gardening, but it took away some of the decadence of sleeping in.
The bathrooms are very small, very european. If that's not your thing, you should check it out before checking in. If one person uses the bathroom in the middle of the night, be prepared. The door is opaque glass and doesn't actually seal and the fan comes on with the light, so it's loud and bright for the person sleeping in bed.
That having been said, we loved our stay here. Great location, close to the beach. Happy staff, ready to accomodate. Clean, new rooms.
I'll say it again, the restaurant rocks. It even attracts local Santa Barbarans, no small feat. We live in Santa Barbara, but we'll be back.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the beach side of the hotel. It might be a little quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple