“Great place to grab lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Great place to grab lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The sandwiches were delicious and the restaurant had a really pleasant atmosphere. Breads are freshly baked and there was a great range to chose from. Staff were really helpful and gave top tips about where to visit during our stay.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Seaside Apathy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Went twice for breakfast during recent SB trip. The first time was average to poor. The second time was 'terrible'. Looks quaint and alluring. Just what you'd want from breakfast in SB. Looks seemingly clean. Off State Street. Fresh morning air and coffee and decent looking menu. A friend had been gone several years ago and loved the buckweat pancakes. Thought we go again. STOP!!!!Awful. Undercooked. Apathetic wait staff. Had to send back simple order 3 times before abandoning entree altogether. Perhaps caught them between chefs or something? Bad experience. Won't waste time to head to 'Lower State Street' again for this disaster.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great Croissants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The almond and chocolate croissants are wonderful.

Visited July 2012
Santa Ynez, California
“Great breakfasts and great coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I love breakfast at D'Angelo- not only is the fresh bread unbelieveable, but so are the breakfasts they serve. The espresso based drinks (cappucino, etc) are wonderful, too!! Such a great locals place to enjoy a casual breakfast.

Visited May 2012
Southern California
“fullfilled to the full extent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

What a wonderful place. Heard about it on the cooking channel. I felt like I had been transcended to some sidewalk european cafe. My sons munched on the pretzel rolls while I devoured the key lime tarte. And to think they (my sons) almost talked me into going to Sambos! I meandered at the front trying to decide if I should should take home a "one of each" from the fresh bread selection or try to stick with a budget. Nahhhh, this place was special and I wanted to take home my findings! When I left, I had my hands full of several rolls of bread and two boxes of fresh desserts. The cherry tart never made it home nor did the extra pretzel rolls. We had a baguette sliced up with dinner, french toast from another loaf the next morning, fresh bread sandwiches for lunch and I made croutons with leftovers a night later. I went here again a few months later and sat down to eat lunch with my same crew. Again, fullfilled and left very happy! I told the owner so too. I think I ate my lunch and polished off all three of my son's plates. Environment is light and bright. Can't wait to return.

• Visited March 2012