“Great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

(805) 770-2143
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarlett Begonia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 450 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Street
Quilcene, Washington
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

What a find! We were welcomed by a great waitress, Vivian and took her suggestions for the bacon biscuits to start. I was a little skeptical until I took my first bite. Delicious! I could have had more. They were fabulous. Their coffee was great and hot. We shared a Mexican breakfast and enjoyed every bite. They also brought a "taste" of their yogurt and homemade granola, also delicious. We will definitely go back and we hope Vivian will still be there. She has a great smile and personality.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sonoma County CA
“Easter Brunch was great! And mega-dogfriendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were a party of 6 plus 3 dogs. We were welcomed and offered the option to wait a few minutes for a lovely table in a private part of the courtyard which was roofed (it was drizzly out) so the dogs could accompany us. They even brought home-made dog biscuits!

The special menu for Easter offered several choices for each of two courses, and we had a hard time choosing. Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious. We also ordered bottomless mimosas, which were also delicious, mixed at our table with fresh squeezed juice and generously supplied.

It was a pricey meal but we left feeling that we'd had a special dining experience worth a splurge.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Patio area perfect for eating. The food is delicious and fresh. The quinoa oatmeal is wonderful. Loved the maple bacon biscuit. My husband enjoyed the shrimp and grits. Service was friendly and prompt.

Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We read about the rave reviews on Trip Advisor before our trip. My wife and I had breakfast and were very impressed. My wife had the scrambled eggs with creamed spinach and aged-cheddar cheese. She chose the maple-bacon biscuit (different combination, but very good). I had the 2 eggs, which included a choice of sausage or bacon; fruit (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, and kiwi); and a few selected breads to choose from. I had the eggs over-easy with two slices of sausages, the fruit, and sourdough bread. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. My wife had the blood-orange juice and I had the tangelo juice. The juices were fresh-squeezed and very good.

The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor dining. The service was terrific, as it was rush hour and they were understaffed the morning of our visit. They even gave us a sampling of their yogurt and granola fruit cup to try. It was good too.

I would definitely return on our next trip. BTW they also serve lunch and dinner, in addition to brunch. The pizza looked great. The menu is revised seasonally.

The restaurant is tricky to find... Look for the sidewalk signs along State Street, near Victoria (west side). The restaurant is a short walk into the interior of the building.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Santa Barbara Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

It is a bit off the beaten path but certainly worth the effort. One of the best breaskfasts my family and I have experienced. Great service with a most yummy menu. The party of three I was with all tried something different, we shared amongst ourselves and could not decide who's was more enjoyable

Visited March 2013