My family of 4 (husband, children 13 and 9) stayed at the Spanish Garden Inn in Santa Barbara for three nights and had a wonderful stay.
The hotel is easy to find from the 101 and is three blocks from State St., the main shopping district of the area. It is a drive to the beach, although an easy one as there was public parking at the beach and free parking at the inn. The room is well equipped and comfortable for a family of four. In addition to a large bathroom with separate toilet/shower room, we enjoyed a fireplace and private patio. The private patio had a table and chairs, which made early morning coffee a delight, and a door to the patio led to the pool. The pool was small, but fine for an afternoon dip.
Free breakfast in the morning felt European, in that it was pastry, yogurt and cereals. However, waitstaff always offered a quiche or meat plate (cold cuts with brie and fresh baguette). Breakfast staff were always very pleasant. Throughout the day, guests could grab a cup of coffee, water, iced tea and fresh fruit. As a bonus, at 3pm each day, warm cookies were put out at the reservation desk.
The front desk staff was also friendly and accommodating. We were provided our Wifi passcode upon check-in and they recommended an excellent surf instructor for our kids (Surf Happens - private instruction with equipment for a reasonable cost).
Overall, hospitality seemed genuine and made the stay wonderful - quite hospitable (like a Ritz Carlton) with none of the presumption. A perfect blend for a family of four.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the jewel of luxury boutique Santa Barbara hotels. Spanish Garden Inn offers a sophisticated Spanish-Mediterranean inspired design, quality amenities and close attention to personal service. The hotel epitomizes the vitality of the City and honors its tradition by recreating the history, romance and intrigue of Spanish Colonial Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, T4B, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Spanish Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Spanish Garden Hotel Santa Barbara
- Hotel Of The Spanish Garden
- Of The Spanish Garden Hotel