“Great space ok food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
auckland
“Great space ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The little booths and spaces were delightful and afforded space to really feel alone in a big space. We had the French toast which was ok and coffee which was too weak. I suspect that if your preference is tea then you will be well catered for. Rather expensive I think. May just not have been my kind of food but when asked if tacos could be exchanged for extra potatoes the answer was sorry no we are too busy! Really?

Visited June 2013

Grover Beach, California
“Excellent Gluten Free and Vegan Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'm not a vegan but I am a celiac so I decided to try it. I first tried this restaurant in May with my mother, who is neither GF nor Vegan. We were so impressed and didn't even miss meat. My mother had the jackfruit tacos and I had the "chicken" fajitas. My fajitas had the "chicken" as well as onions, bell peppers and zucchini. We sampled each others and I was surprised to find both seemed very much to contain meat. I perhaps liked the jackfruit better than the "chicken" but perhaps it was the novelty. I had the pecan pie and enjoyed but I would have to say it was not the best I ever had. Today, I had the grilled veggie sandwich with side salad with lemon vinigarette dressing. It was tasty but a little on the greasy side. The lemon vinigarette was very tangy and salad full of tender dark greens. I had the cherry tart for dessert. My server said the cherries are bing and were picked two days ago. The crust was a little thicker than usual and was flaky on the outside and a bit chewy in the center. The cherries were perfect and just the right amount of sweetness. Overall it has been two great experiences. I will definitely be coming back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Loved this place. Great ambiance. Wonderful service. Great food. The owner went way out her way to help us choose. Real homespun food.

Visited May 2013
California
“Adama: our favorite vegan restaurant, full stop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Adama has been on our radar since its opening. We have brought and referred many doubters who were converted on the spot. As regulars (as regular as you can be when you travel a lot), all the staff have made us feel like family. Adama is a true labour of love and it shows. Dining in the historic old Sevilla Restaurant building, Adama is the present residing in Santa Barbara's esteemed culinary past. Originally a delightful vegan restaurant in its own right, Adama us now both fully vegan and gluten-free, including the alcoholic beverages. We have never been disappointed with anything we have tried, but we return again and again to the wonderful "AFC" -- alternative fried chicken dinner with greens, slaw, and mashed potatoes & gravy -- don't miss it! I only recently began reviewing with Trip Advisor or I would have mentioned it sooner. It's great to be back in Santa Barbara, and it's great to be back at Adama! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great Food but moderate client service skills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

To be fair, we ordered take-out so our client service appreciation is based on a telephone call and a brief conversation at pick up. Overall, the attitude could be best described as "Our food is great, you should think yourself lucky we agreed to feed your sorry [--]". In fact, we chose not to visit the restaurant but to take our dinner out because of the numerous service complaints on many websites. I cannot abide poor service and I didn't want to have the enjoyment of my meal interfered with by bad attitude.

Well, the food is vegan and great. Original and delicious. We had some spicy portabello mushrooms and a lasagna. Decent sized portions and some of the best vegan cooking I have enjoyed outside my own kitchen. We split a dessert - I forget what it was but I can state that it was incredibly delicious.
Since the price of a meal tends to include the non tangibles such as linens, room ambience, service etc. etc. I am loathe to characterize the food as expensive but it was up there - more than $20 per main course. That said - you also pay for quality and the food was delicious and extremely well designed and prepared.

• Visited April 2013