“Greasy Fish and Chips but great clam chowder.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
California
“Greasy Fish and Chips but great clam chowder.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We decided to stop in here for lunch after seeing it was featured on Drive-ins,Diners and Dives. It's a little pricey,the batter on the fish was nice and light but the fish and fries was very greasy. We had a cup of the clam chowder which was great and very tasty. My son had the hand made chicken strips. It had great flavor and nice big pieces. We shouldve chosen the chicken strips instead of the fish. Had it once, don't think its a place we'd visit again.

Visited April 2013

77% Recommend
“Just a "crack in the wall" :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Ok, when we first walked in were weren't really "feeling" it. I can't really explain why. But we decided that's where we were eating and we ordered. I am happy we did.

I ordered the 8 oz fish n chips and my honey ordered the clam chowder. The food was amazing and the portions were very healthy. We ended sharing both dishes.

Customer service was very good and although a just a little in need of a makeover it was very clean.

We got there just in time because after us the small dining room filled up quick.

I would go back next time I'm in town.

Visited March 2013
Las Vegas
“Good fish, friendly atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Nice little place on the main drag in Santa Barbara. Unassuming and casual, place your order at the window, sit down, and wait for them to deliver your food. Four stars, but just because the fish was fresh, flaky, cooked perfectly, and a generous portion for the price. Chips/Fries were crisp, but just ok; and I know my fries! Cole slaw was fresh and generous, but not my favorite. Chowder was flavorful and creamy, but heavy on the salt, Service was friendly and courteous. Would go back just for the fish.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, California
“yummy fish and chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

they have both fish and chicken and great kids portions too. don't for get to have a beer. the others in my party loved the clam chowder too

Visited July 2012
Mission Viejo, CA
“Just okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I had seen this restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and it had been on my list for a long time. My husband and I ordered four items, two 8 oz fish and chips, one 8 oz chowder and one beverage. The bill was $29 - ouch! The fish was good, light and flaky. The batter was light and well done. The chowder wasn't super thick but it was over seasoned. The decor really needs to be updated, spruced up. There are so many places to choose from in Santa Barbara that we probably won't go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere