“Loved the pineapple on my fish entree” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #148 of 450 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Fancy place near the Santa Barbara pier.
DC
“Loved the pineapple on my fish entree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

made reservations upon an old neighbor's recommendation and really enjoyed our dining experience at the 'Fish House' in Santa Barbara. The service was great and so was the ambiance.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Alexandria, Virginia
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I frequently stay at the Fess Parker Doubletree Inn when in Santa Barbara for business and the Santa Barbara Fish House is conveniently just down the street. I have eaten there several times and have consistently enjoyed it. The atmosphere is a pleasant California nautical motif, comfortable if a bit touristy. The servers are young and strike me as being in the working college student category, which works just fine – they seem to be well-managed and conscientious, with only occasional lapses. Since I am usually eating alone, I appreciate their attentiveness. I have to admit that I enjoy the seared ahi so much that I rarely order anything else, although I recently had their fish tacos for lunch and they were tasty. The ahi is always fresh-tasting and is served with a ginger soy reduction and wasabi sauce, on a bed of Asian-accented rice. I also like the fact that they have some decent wines by the glass, including local Santa Barbara wines. The apple walnut salad with champagne vinaigrette, blue cheese crumbles and candied walnuts is a great starter – light but tasty. I rarely have dessert, but recall the cheese cake as being good. So far I have resisted the temptation of the banana tarte tatin, which sounds yummy but perhaps a little hefty calorie-wise while traveling.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tehachapi, California
“Great fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very fresh fish, nice location, great view. Service is usually very good. Nice wine choices. The bar is a lively place. We didn't spend time there but it looked like they served apps and there was a really nice outdoor spot that I did not recall seeing before.

Visited July 2014
Portland
“Really good food, service and view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our three-some stopped in after wine-tasting for a light dinner. The appetizers were creative (like won-ton wrapped prawns) and very tasty. My companions ordered dinner entrees, and everything was wonderful. One of the best things was that our waiter was very patient in helping me find a wine I liked. He gave me a couple of samples and told me that he would keep trying until we found something I loved. I did! Great service, and the ocean view was fabulous.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Bayside dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stopped in for a late lunch near the pier and were pleased to find generous salads, fresh fish prepared to order, and no rush. Of course, it was midweek, but we were seated promptly and had no reasonable request refused.

• Visited June 2014