“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 409 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Eclectic
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fairly new
Bakersfield, California
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a terrific place. Great Sangria, but also lots of local wines. Lamb sausage is fabulous & it is in several dishes. Mussels in cream sauce, oh my. Coconut cake yummy. Just go!

Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Santa Barbara
“Good for an evening out with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have visited Jane many times since it opened. The menu is very solid, with a lot of flavor in all the dishes we have tried. Our favorite dessert is the Coconut Cake.

If you are in the mood, they have a large communal dining table in the center of the restaurant - otherwise ask for a smaller table near the front or upstairs.

Parking is a bit tricky, so plan on arriving early.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Lovely lunch in Santa Barbara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Everything was delicious and fresh. Very reasonable for lunch in SB. All four dishes (pasta, salad, burger, sandwich) were excellent and worthy of ordering again. I gladly recommend Jane.

Los Angeles, California
“Nice service and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I like Jane. I really like the relaxed ambiance and decor. I ate here once before and this was my second time. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal (the seafood stew in a coconut sauce). Really different and very fresh fish. We thought we'd try the onion rings. They were good but too much for two people. I loved the coconut cake. My daughter ordered pasta with butter and parmesan. Unfortunately it was very bland and she didn't eat it. I should have sent it back but I only tried it at the end of our meal. I think they took it off our bill, which I appreciate. Recommend.

Visited November 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great lunch surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Santa Barbara for a few days and "discovered" Jane while exploring State Street. Very Nice lunch time ambience! I had a Greek salad and my Wife had the crab and mango salad with a glass of Chardonnay. The waitress was exceptional as we're the salads and the wine! A must for our next visit!

Visited November 2013