“Biltmore mentality not four seasons” 1 of 5 stars

Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   1260 Channel Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93108   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 59 hotels in Santa Barbara
“Biltmore mentality not four seasons”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have experienced the four seasons worldwide from Europe , Asia and back home in the US, but this is the most disappointing experience. They truly have some uninspiring staff and back office. They care more about the daily economics than guest experience and franchise brand. They nickel and dime the guests. I personally don't like the feeling of being gouged and taken advantage of regardless of individual wealth level. My suspicion is that this may be the Biltmore culture and they are just a little different from the mothership Four seasons.

There are many other luxury hotels nearby. Avoid this one.

Stayed February 2014
FSSantaBarbara, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and left you with a disappointing impression of our property and staff. I would like to hear more details regarding your stay so that we can address how we missed the mark in providing you with an outstanding guest experience. I'm extremely concerned that you felt taken advantage of in any way and would value speaking with you personally. Please contact me at your convenience.

Michael Mestraud
Resort Manager

938 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have stay at wonderful Hotels all over the world and this by far was the BEST from the staff, to the grounds, to the food!!!! Our experience started when checking in. They were expecting us and the person asked us about our likes and dislikes in the type of room we would like.
Also the setting (lobby, lounge, restaurant) were very elegant and homey at the same time. A thought that went through my mind as we walked the grounds were this is what heaven would look like.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. We stayed in a very nice room with a Fireplace.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had a miserable cold while visiting LA, but my aunt volunteered to drive my partner and I to the Biltmore for lunch. I'm glad we went. I cannot tell you about the rooms, but the grounds are beautiful. I plan to return to find out. On to lunch...

The dining room was elegant but relaxed. We sat in a corner table right near the windows with a view of the ocean. My aunt had the petite filet, I had the short rib grill cheese and squash/cauliflower soup. My partner had the soup and a sandwich. I also had 2 "aces" which is orange San pellegrino plus ginger beer (nonalcoholic).

The service was impeccable. The food was wonderful across the board. And please order the fries (with or without the truffle oil, garlic and Parmesan. Well worth the calories.

We finished with a jar of the Limoncello truffles since we were full (bring the leftovers home in the mason jar they come in).

Was it expensive? Yes. Was it worth it? Absolutely. Thank you Biltmore for a wonderful day in spite of my bad cold.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lanaken, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

After our cruise we spent the night at the beautiful and historic Biltmore. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room very nice , spacious and clean. Breakfast quite varied. Dinner was excellent. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Beautiful grounds and great views, nicely appointed, exceptional service. The rooms are not exceptionally large, but large enough, and the walk in closet is very nicely organized with drawer space in the closet.

Room Tip: I liked the cabin rooms in the back of the property
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I recently spent 2 days at Santa Barbara Biltmore Four Seasons.
It was superb.
Lunch or dinner at the restaurant with perfect view of the ocean.
Food was particularly fresh and special.
The Bella Vista and Tydes have spectacular views.
Tydes has a sunset "to die for."
The staff remembers you and is accommodating in every way
Life is royal and comfortable at Biltmore Four Seasons.
I was busy in the towns of Santa Barbara and Monteceto ....never had a chance to use the 4 star spa and pool.
I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

One of the best experiences in any hotel, beats so many resort areas here and abroad. always an excellent conference, even the classic buffet lunch was great, no rubber chicken, inventive menu and great service...we will be back

Room Tip: Room 110, randomly talked to my neighbor last night, spent her honeymoon there in the 60"s
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!